Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a rear axle squeak? I've had the rear bushed greased at the dealer, but didn't seem to help. Was thinking I might be on the upper end of the weight limit. Has anyone had success with an "add a leaf"? Or and leaf spring swap?

Thanks in advance-

Derek

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most definitely is a warranty. That is a fairly standard one. I have had three 2014 PM's and 2 required the replacement bushings. Takes it right away. I had two other friends with PM's have that issue, they also go it taken care of. When you stand on the rear bumper and bounce, does it squeak really bad? If so, this is the bushings... Take it in and let them know this is something thats has a bulletin out and they need to repair it....

Stephen

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is also a high pitch squeak that comes from the rear doors. There is a TSB for that too.

I determined my squeak was that after having someone drive my van, then running around it like a gorilla pushing, pulling and kicking things to find the noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Squeak

I have a 2014 that I have always had noise problems. I have had the bushings greased twice and last summer replaced the bushings and the springs. The noise stopped but now its back. Just sent an E-mail to the dealer. Thought I would check the forum to see if others had this problem.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I had my bushings replaced and it was dead silent for about two weeks. Now I hear an equally annoying squeak coming from the rear suspension. I am going to take it in to see what my dealer thinks. I'm fine with regular librication but I need to know where to add grease. Let us know what you hear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for telling me that.I wondered about the tire. The dealer has some kind of sensor that they used to find the bushing noise.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Some folks have reported some success with loosening the bolts just a tad. My TSB replacement worked for me. Been almost a year already.
Good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some folks have reported some success with loosening the bolts just a tad. My TSB replacement worked for me. Been almost a year already.
Good luck
I loosened mine just enough to stop the squeak until the dealer replaced the bushings 2000 mi ago...so far so good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had My Promaster in Monday. When I picked it up they said they lubed it again, but they also ordered another set of bushings just in case. The van still sounds terrible. They wrote on the work ticket that the van needed weight in the back or else it would squeak. I reminded them that they told me that a year ago and I loaded up 600lbs of softener salt and it still squeaked. I wonder if all of their pickups squeak until they put weight in there:laugh: I think I need a different dealer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My rear bushings sounded like a headboard at a house of ill repute when I drove down the street at about 6k. Dealer took care of it under warranty with new ones. No noise almost one year later and 25k.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts