Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going over the brochure I picked up from the dealership, I saw this low tire pressure monitor feature on the Promaster is it necessary or just overkill? I have heard in the past these systems are annoying and cost a lot to replace, have any of you guys had experience with this?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Didn't know a Ram Promaster brochure was already out at Dodge/RAM dealerships. surprised they don't have it posted online. Would you be able to scan the brochure for us?

I think a TPMS is worth it, especially in a commercial truck, it saves time, and you don't have to keep on reminding yourself or your crew members to check the tire pressure.

It's also for safety purposes, helps with proper tire wear, etc.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not overkill. A very useful feature. It is very important to have the correct tire pressure - especially if you are carrying heavy loads. You can really destroy a tire if you run it on very low pressure with a heavy load. It can also tell you if you have a leak as the pressure will decrease - it could save your life and your cargo.

Plus since you will know the pressure and be more motivated to keep it at the right pressure your gas mileage will be better as well.

2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A tire pressure monitor system in the commercial cargo van is probably one of the smartest and most useful things you can have. Not too many people know this but your tires are equally as important as everything else in the vehicle. Your tires is what provides you with the load carrying capacity. Having the proper air pressure in your tires with heavy loads is really important. Consider it a luxury to a device to tell you when your pressure is low. I actually make my employees check the tire pressure three times a day. Once in the morning before any load, once in the afternoon and one last time before returning the vehicle. And all this is logged to exactly how many psi is in each specific tire. This is also a good way to keep track.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it makes sense to chose it over having to realize you have a low pressure the hard way when its too late. And I noticed that some dodge vehicles recommend using nitrogen for the tires as well. This is just adding up hopefully these small things don't have a big impact on price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually make my employees check the tire pressure three times a day. Once in the morning before any load, once in the afternoon and one last time before returning the vehicle. And all this is logged to exactly how many psi is in each specific tire. This is also a good way to keep track.
This is a smart method to use when keeping track of your tire pressure but I am a one man army if you know what I mean. I usually just check my tire pressure every third week but I think I will start this method once I get things more organized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts