Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Different chassis. The chassis is based off a Fiat from what I know.

Unless the sprinter is based off a fiat (doubt it since sprinter is rwd)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I kind of wished that the new Dodge Promaster would come in rear wheel drive. I wonder why they made it different from the rest. I mean just looking at the majority of the Promaster's competitors they are all rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only downfall I'm sure all owners of these rwd cargo vans are the traction issues during wet or snowy weather conditions. Unless your in a dryer area where you don't have to deal with snowfalls. In the city especially with heavy loads the rear just doesn't want to stick. I have had a full pallet of office supplies and the rear was losing traction. Never had a chance to try out fwd with this much capacity but I think Dodge might have go this one figured out with the new Promaster.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have this issue every year with the rear traction. It's funny because too much load weight can actually cause a loss of traction believe it or not. but I only experience this when I exceed the load weight capacity in the rear. It has to be with in the maximum carrying capacity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have this issue every year with the rear traction. It's funny because too much load weight can actually cause a loss of traction believe it or not. but I only experience this when I exceed the load weight capacity in the rear. It has to be with in the maximum carrying capacity.
They don't put max capacity stickers on the inner door panels for no reason. the load is so specific that if you go over weight you can affect the suspension ans the tires as well. you might get a way with it for a bit but when things start going wrong you'll be the one paying up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They don't put max capacity stickers on the inner door panels for no reason. the load is so specific that if you go over weight you can affect the suspension ans the tires as well. you might get a way with it for a bit but when things start going wrong you'll be the one paying up.
I have always had this concern and never realized till one transport trucker told me about it at the truck stop. We were talking about service and warranty on our vehicles and he brought it up. He mentioned the first thing to noticed is the tires for uneven wear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well for the most part its not mandatory to classify the capacity for no reason its just most people don't like to follow the rules and end up learning the hard way. If anything this is a great post to refer back to when we all own the promaster to maintain its condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts