Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the overpowering amount of torque in the engine from the Promaster to help pull the heavy load is there any special features and technologies that help to make the job easier? It is a pretty bare bone van for commercial use but what about the driver of the vehicle is there any comfort or features for him?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why would you say there is an overpowering amount of torque? it seeems normal to me.

The fuel consumption is what makes the Promaster attractive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think he means the amount of torque the promaster engines has got his attention but he would like to know if there are any other interesting features. For such a vehicle like the Promaster and the others in its segment like ford sprinter, nissan NV I dont think it need much special features. At the end of the day the main purpose is for commercial use just what "special" features would there be?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually the dodge promaster will have a stop-start system, which shuts the engine off when it comes to a stop, helps save fuel. Sounds interesting to me, as long as it saves me money on fuel I'm all for it. They had this feature on some of the dodge trucks already I think but nice to see them incorporate it in to the commercial lines.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually the dodge promaster will have a stop-start system, which shuts the engine off when it comes to a stop, helps save fuel. Sounds interesting to me, as long as it saves me money on fuel I'm all for it. They had this feature on some of the dodge trucks already I think but nice to see them incorporate it in to the commercial lines.
A nice sounding feature for the new Dodge Ram Promaster But will it really help? I remember hearing that it actually takes more fuel to start the car and get it moving. So wouldn't this feature make it worst for fuel consumption?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Apart for gas mileage and the lower loading height and flat floorboad I would say it is similar to every other cargo van.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some safety features that Dodge had mentioned for the new Dodge Ram Promaster was a more rigid passenger compartment compare to the Dodge Sprinter. And another was that the Promaster has better and improved safety crumple zones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hmmm... I did not know about this. I have an uncle who bought a new car with this very feature. Having the engine turn off and on can be really annoying in traffic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You actually do not notice it. It's not really annoying. It is meant to be in the background.
You have no idea. I have experienced this start and stop feature in the new dodge ram 1500 pick up and let me tell you. You might not notice it as much if it was in a sedan but in a larger vehicle like a pick up or a box van you will feel it. My first though when it happen I asked my friend did the truck just stall? and seems to be a bit of delay time too when activated and deactivated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have experienced the stop start on the other ram truck as well and you can really hear and feel the engine stopping during a stop sign or a light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just wait until the fall when the Promaster becomes available for sale and go and test drive on yourself to see if it something that you can put up with. Or even go try out a vehicle with the similar start and stop engine feature.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah is there a way to turn it off? there has to be no. Isn't the start and stop engine cut feature only activated when its in eco mode or something like that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
from what i have seen quite a few passenger vehicles have a dedicated start & stop button so you can activate or deactivate it, and im sure a commercial vehicle like the ProMaster will have it as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For most vehicles that offer this start and stop feature I have seen come with a switch just in case the driver doesn't require or is annoyed of it. So I don't see why dodge wouldn't have the same thing on theirs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts