Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fuel economy like and how much MPG will I be getting on a daily basis? This is an important factor for me since I will be doing deliveries across town. What separates the Promaster from the rest of them like the Chevy Express and Ford Transit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
At this point and time I have only heard about the Ram Promaster 3.6L v6 and Dodge is promising a 25 mpg with their Penstar engine. there is much more horsepower with this engine set than the turbo diesel. Just not sure what the mpgs for the diesel is just yet but I think Both engine offer around the same value of torque.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Promaster is suppose to have the best mileage vs the competition. This is very good considering how expensive gasoline and even diesel is becoming.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At this point and time I have only heard about the Ram Promaster 3.6L v6 and Dodge is promising a 25 mpg with their Penstar engine. there is much more horsepower with this engine set than the turbo diesel. Just not sure what the mpgs for the diesel is just yet but I think Both engine offer around the same value of torque.
25 is pretty decent for a commercial van. I would rather get a diesel though. The 2012 Fiat Ducato had an mpg of 38.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Once the car is available to the public we will be able to compare the mileage vs the competition (spring, transit etc)

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Promaster is suppose to have the best mileage vs the competition. This is very good considering how expensive gasoline and even diesel is becoming.
Going back diesel was a miracle and one of god's gifts but considering how these capitalistic pigs have raised the price its becoming ridiculous to follow through with. One thing I hate is the smell of diesel itself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have an idea as to how much the diesel option for the ProMaster will cost? Did the Ducato have a diesel option that would give us a point of comparison of what Dodge plans to do?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the Ducato but since it's in Europe that would be one of the main choices of fuel they use. There is no official price for the promaster yet but im guessing if the diesel is sold in the U.S. I will be a couple grand more than the petrol model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Firstdayairservices
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing