Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the measurements for the space inside the the Promaster? Does anybody know the dimensions, this will help us compare it to the competitors like the Ford Transit and Chevy Express.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dodge is claiming that the ProMaster is capable of an impressive 5,145lb cargo capacity and a towing rating of 5,100lbs when properly equipped.And the roof itself is capable of carry a load up to 400LBs. Looking at the structure of the ProMaster although its just bare bones thin steel Dodge has really made a difference in reinforcing the structure to properly support the load. these are some great numbers to work with. If I didnt know any better I would day you can't put any load on the roof.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On a review site for the Dodge Promaster they mention it has a much greater payload, Whatever that means and step in capacity. What do those both mean?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The means the weight capacity for both passengers and cargo. In this case the Ram ProMaster has a maximum 5,145 pound payload capacity which is very reasonable for a commercial cargo van. As for the "Step in Height" its the height of the rear cargo door from the bed to the ceiling of the cargo area. The Dodge ProMaster has a step-in height of 21 inches if you don't know already.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Vladamir, I was actually looking for the exact measurement from top to bottom of the rear cargo space. Just add I found a picture of Dodge Promaster's rear door.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks boxgrove for the picture. I can tell there is much more space vertically then my chevy express I just wonder how the front wheel drive would feel like compared to the chevy express.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the step in height on the Promaster is one of the main reasons why I am so interested. Despite the negativity with guys who are more trust worthy or use to rear wheel drives the space freed up is huge. My roller bin would fit in perfectly with that measurement and being lower to the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts