Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought vehicle at 57K miles, and it ran great initially. However it started hesitating on shifts then slamming into gear abruptly, while emitting a loud groan under the hood.
Then at 63K miles, it suddenly failed to shift at all. AAA needed two hours just to locate a flatbed tow of sufficient capacity for this unit.
The vehicle sat at the dealership for a week, until the only qualified technician on staff could get to it.
Having noticed black rubber particles in the clutch fluid, it was no surprise when failure of the clutch hydraulic was diagnosed at the dealership.
This apparently qualified for the powertrain warranty, as the required components were reportedly ordered from the factory.
More than two weeks later, this remains on indefinite backorder, and my vehicle downtime now exceeds 25 days.
I located the repair parts online with another dealer, and suggested my dealer source it accordingly. But they apparently could not cut a deal.
One can guess retail pricing more compelling than internal transfer pricing. So much for customer service.

·
Premium Member
6,998 Posts
Call:
-Ram customer. assist 866-726-4636

1 - 3 of 3 Posts