Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for seeming ignorant here but I just got a new to me promaster
I discovered it didn't have any lights working in the cargo area.
I referred to this site and researched the articles. I understand ( I think) that there are 3 positions. Like a rocker switch. The lens being the switch. I could feel these detente before I replaced the bad bulbs. After changing the bulbs out I now have no detente. Have on or off. No detents. I don't know if I broke something or what. I looked at both lens. No difference in them. I want to be able to open doors and lights come on and go off on the timeout.
I am gonna put in some led lights from promaster world or similar so any input would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,551 Posts
If you want to replace the cargo lights with others... this post may help

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69050&page=2

I have other lights for the "living area" so I replaced the cargo lights with a small amber LED over the slider and back door area.... when camping, you can open the doors without a swarm of bugs heading in. It has worked out really well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for seeming ignorant here but I just got a new to me promaster
I discovered it didn't have any lights working in the cargo area.
I referred to this site and researched the articles. I understand ( I think) that there are 3 positions. Like a rocker switch. The lens being the switch. I could feel these detente before I replaced the bad bulbs. After changing the bulbs out I now have no detente. Have on or off. No detents. I don't know if I broke something or what. I looked at both lens. No difference in them. I want to be able to open doors and lights come on and go off on the timeout.
I am gonna put in some led lights from promaster world or similar so any input would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how the lens comes out (I didn't need to remove it for what I was doing), but from the outside it looks like it could fit back in rotated 180 degrees. This would certainly eliminate the detent, but I'm not sure how it would work at all in this orientation. From the outside of the lens there appears to be a small square area at one end that's different from the rest; that's the back side of the post with the detents on it. This end should be away from where the electrical connector is on the rear of the housing. If it's on the same end as the electrical connector, then the lens is in backwards.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
The light is held in by spring clips molded into it. Just pry it out with something. Not just the white lens but the whole unit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts