Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was only 24° and no daylight when I left....not as many trucks Saturday but still moving freight...lots of Canadian tags on i95....some of government $$!$ needs to go to SC.....100 miles to savannah stop and go.....did not see any wreaks but lot of breakdowns.....port I guess....

shelf did great.....saving my bread
trying foam factory tonight for 1st time
battery and cooler doing good.....that 20° warning for low I did not load cooler til this morning.....much prefer loading night before
sure does get dark early
my site just had 1 30 amp outlet & 50 amp which I do not have adapter for....plugged everything on it with 4 way adapter.....crowded but works

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Somehow it seems funny to run a cord to the van to power the refrigerator and an electric heater to keep the batteries warm, but sometimes that is what is needed. :)

I like the bread protection.

_

Usually the 30 amp campsite outlets are 120 vac x 30 amps.

Usually the 50 amp campsite outlets are actually 240 vac x 50 amps, so more like an electric dryer outlet - but even more power. They are the so called "split phase" like the 240 vac in a home. That can push some serious power into those class A RVs with 3 air conditioners, etc, but sometimes even they are short.

For a while, campsite 50 amps was 120 vac x 50 amps, and the plugs / outlets are not identical, but not so different that people can't make mistakes under poor lighting conditions and some are mis wired - less so now than 5 years ago.

____-

In this area, home depot and lowes stock those adapters but on line there are more options.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
I95 is definitely in need of being widened - perhaps doubled in width.

I have done a business trip in the past - starting in Boston and driving down I95 to Atlanta over a 2 week run. A lot of delays.

Very interesting drive though. A lot to see that I didn't get a chance to stop at.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today's adventure
Letchworth Love Mounds....on my atlas
off interstate....3 state signs to site & Garmin recognized.....sketchy Garmin to site
2 houses looks like private property
Website looks overgrown and no sign at end

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I95 is definitely in need of being widened - perhaps doubled in width.

I have done a business trip in the past - starting in Boston and driving down I95 to Atlanta over a 2 week run. A lot of delays.

Very interesting drive though. A lot to see that I didn't get a chance to stop at.
i95 intersect somewhere with i85 I believe
I85 old old old 2 + 2 interstate
Now atlanta....6 + 6.....i try to avoid....but y'all 49ers think that's tame I guess

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
i95 intersect somewhere with i85 I believe
I85 old old old 2 + 2 interstate
Now atlanta....6 + 6.....i try to avoid....but y'all 49ers think that's tame I guess

I grew up 30 miles west of I75 in N OH - used to think that 2 lanes each direction was a lot.

Now - if someone puts in a road that will carry any real traffic and it isn't at least 4 lanes each direction - we complain.

Really any interstate in CA needs to be at least that wide - or ideally more like 6 lanes each way or it is really just a high priced parking lot.

I will admit that in LA there is a highway that I think is 7 or 8 lanes wide and at night it looks like a river of cars flowing. It really is a different kind of experience and not entirely
natural.

____

As far as Atlanta - I mostly drove in the airport area and in the section to the downtown / Georgia Tech area. Was a lot of traffic at that time.

What I really remember about Atlanta airrport is that I have never seen escalators cover that much vertical distance in one shot. It seemed like we covered 3 - 4 stories of height in one run.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Riding around today...weather great
I did not bring my hip waders so I did not join him treasure hunting
I was game for Lafayette spring til got to where not mowed....just not wanting bad tire but enjoying ride around....lots of birds arriving

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.