Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to install a plywood floor and a gray melamine ceiling. I hope to get to the walls and shelves soon, but 80 hr work weeks don't leave much time.
The trailer hitch and wiring are sitting in the garage.
The first morning I put my coffee cup in the cup holder it was a little snug, I tried to pull out the cup and the entire cup holder came with it.
So far, I like it. The search continues for wheels, and an exhaust system. It's too quiet.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Post some photos! Where did you source the gray melamine for the ceiling? How did you secure it? Did you insulate the van yet?

Not too many options for wheels unfortunately. In fact there are only one or two options that have the load rating. ATX Artillery is the best I have found in larger than factory (18")

·
Registered
887 Posts
The first morning I put my coffee cup in the cup holder it was a little snug, I tried to pull out the cup and the entire cup holder came with it.
I think a new cup holder might be my weekend project! I'll post photos when its done.

·
Registered
984 Posts
When I first saw the early PM pics and reviews, I thought the upholder situation was an embarrassment. But now I'm used to it and I actually think it works well. I thought I'd need to cut out the "balls" in the lower upholder, but in fact they work well for coffee cups and soda cups. I carry a 24 pack of 750mL bottled water, and those fit perfectly in the door upholder. I use the upholder next to the radio for other things. I've grown to like the PM ergonomics over time.

·
Super Moderator
9,107 Posts
I write up how simple it is to just remove the rubber bump insert a few months ago it you do a search you'll discover it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have photos of the ceiling install, I'll post them next week. I got the gray melamine from my lumber yard. The photos will show the install better than I type it.
I saw the factory wheels on Ebay, if I had 4 bald tires I'd buy them
The cup holder, I don't mind the location, it might need some modification.

·
Registered
363 Posts
through the experience you have with your promaster, are there anythings you think Ram should work on for a following model year to improve on?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Heyy everyone. I just bought my PM and after 5 days check engine and ETC lights came on . The van started to ride very rough . I took it to the dealer and Im waiting
Ride very rough?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts