Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm 100% that its the rear window heater wiring. Not used on your trim level. The wirind terminates under the passenger footwell trim. you can feed it fused power easily there. either acc or constant power. I have pics of doing this I will be posting soon

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
My 2016 doesn't have the upfitter wiring (my loss), but it does have the rear window heaters. Here is a picture of the relay and fuses that control the heaters. (Located at the bottom of the passenger "B" pillar where the upfitter connectors would be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What puzzle me that there is no power to them at all not even when the van is running. it's not for rear speakers (i ran rear speaker wires and hook up Amp connector "B" pillar).

·
Registered
808 Posts
What puzzle me that there is no power to them at all not even when the van is running. it's not for rear speakers (i ran rear speaker wires and hook up Amp connector "B" pillar).
My guess is unless you have the rear windows heater option, they aren't wired and thus have no power to them.

I think tech1234 meant that they *could* have always on +12 VDC or accessory driven +12 VDC if you ran wires to them at the upfitters connector.

P.S. Since you seem to be interested in rear speakers, depending on the wire gauge, you likely could wire them as speaker wires instead.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,524 Posts
a few thoughts...

I believe tech1234 is correct, they are rear window defrost wiring... they would have 12V IF the van had the rear defrost option (and the defrost was turned on). If you have the option, the computer in the van would have been programmed to provide power... no option = no power.

I would suggest you NOT use them as speaker wires...It's easy to connect real, dedicated speakers wires from the upfit connector to the passenger back corner column. (probably a few minutes to snake up the B column and across the wiring tray above the door/window area)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts