Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 12v self-priming pump. Is there a good one that anyone can recommend? I need it to be able to self-prime and suck water out of the top of a 5 gallon water container. How many PSI and GPM would be enough? How much would be overkill?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
All these sort of diaphragm pumps make enough noise to wake Ned Devine! I have that one, it’s good. Primes itself.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,508 Posts
All these sort of diaphragm pumps make enough noise to wake Ned Devine! I have that one, it’s good. Primes itself.
That's why I changed to a hand pump. they work well and make no noise....also self priming, just a hose to the water tank and it's installed! No electricity, no wiring.

PS. Who's Ned Devine? And what he doing sleeping in your van?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,508 Posts
Ned who?
How long does your pump run to have to have a hand one?
At 2 am, I get up to get a glass of water. The pump runs for 10 seconds...about 9 seconds longer than it takes to wake my wife up! The hand pump makes no noise, and doesn't vibrate half the van insides in the process.

Even when the pump runs during the day, it just makes too much noise.....others' results may vary!

In my kitchen cabinet redesign, I can use electric pumped, hand pumped, or bottled water...for most trips, bottled water wins.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
Use an accumulator

Many of the people here sound like they don't have an accumulator (air bottle) in the system. My conversion didn't have one, so that when the water was turned on, the pump would start sending a steady string of "E"s at 10 WPM. (bz bz bz bz bz for non-Morse folks). I added an accumulator to the line after the pump, and now I can fill a cup of water without the pump needing to kick in. When it does run, it runs for a longer time to refill the accumulator.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts