Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been waiting for CRL to get the side windows on the market for the 118WB since October. My glass guy checked with them this week and they still won't say when or if they'll be marketing them.

I'm looking at my options:

Don't really like the Motion Windows product as I want to stay with the factory full glass window look.

Although it might not be the cheapest way, I'm looking at getting OEM glass and installing that. Don't need vents.

For owners with a factory window in the slider, (right side) is it glued in or does it have a trim ring?

Anybody have a factory window on the driver side (not a slider) of a 118WB?

Anybody bought factory glass and installed it?

Any photos of the above from the inside would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Windows

Try Promasterworld.com.
Saw some on the web, look good, especially the crank out.
Take a look.
Mike from Banff

·
Registered
399 Posts
Try Promasterworld.com.
Decent price on the side window. I think dealer wants around $450. Guessing they are just selling the factory window at a discount since they don't have the other positions listed.

Makevs73, Take a close look at a factory side window. From what I can tell, they are perfectly square and symmetrical. In other words, you should be able to use a window from a 118 passenger side slider on the drivers side body. 118's are available with glass so you must be able to get them through parts. That's what I plan to do if I ever pull the trigger on a PM.
$300 is low enough it's not worth ordering a drivers side slider just to get a window. It's also probably worth buying something off the lot to get a better deal even if it doesn't have the glass in the passenger side.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try Promasterworld.com.
Saw some on the web, look good, especially the crank out.
Take a look.
Mike from Banff
They're CLR windows, which I mentioned don't make um' yet for 118 WB's. And the crank out window shown is not a factory look full glass window...

But thanks.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decent price on the side window. I think dealer wants around $450. Guessing they are just selling the factory window at a discount since they don't have the other positions listed.

Makevs73, Take a close look at a factory side window. From what I can tell, they are perfectly square and symmetrical. In other words, you should be able to use a window from a 118 passenger side slider on the drivers side body. 118's are available with glass so you must be able to get them through parts. That's what I plan to do if I ever pull the trigger on a PM.
$300 is low enough it's not worth ordering a drivers side slider just to get a window. It's also probably worth buying something off the lot to get a better deal even if it doesn't have the glass in the passenger side.
Yep, those are CLR windows and not available in factory style for 118" WB's.

Yes I can get the factory glass, as far as my research into part numbers has gone; in both sides and in two tints.

What I'm looking for is:

For owners with a factory window in the slider, (right side) is it glued in or does it have a trim ring?

Anybody have a factory window on the driver side (not a slider) of a 118WB?

Anybody bought factory glass and installed it?

Any photos of the above from the inside would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts