Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 High Roof & 118 Low Roof
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Again

I kind of posted the link to my build Tour Video in the photos section, not realizing there is a specific forum for videos.

So here is the link to my finished van - overview and features

2020 118 WB Low Roof Camper Build Video

My wife also recorded the build as I went along - we have uploaded 12 build videos so far, still a few more to go - we are working on getting them up.

In the build videos are also exploded technical views of how I assembled the parts. One thing, the floor (bed module) and modules install using only the 6 D-Ring bolts, we drilled less than 12 holes in this van in the whole build.

Some of you may find these videos useful or give you ideas. I used lots of ideas I found in threads in this forum - So thank you all - we love our van.

Rob

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Awesome build btw.
Haven't seen a camper build on a 118 low roof yet. Very well thought out and well done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome build btw.
Haven't seen a camper build on a 118 low roof yet. Very well thought out and well done.
We have a 136 high roof we use for our photography and craft fairs, we started building it out - got about 40% into it. Realized it was hazardous to my life trying to get a canoe on a high roof. We bought a Promaster City (lol) too small - finally bit the bullet and realized the right van for us was the 118 low roof

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just bustin yer oranges.
I'm from the Buffalo, NY area.
Our accent sounds like a cross between Chicago, Brooklyn and Canada.
Talk about sounds funny.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Love your kitchenette and this is exactly what we want to do with our 136" LR. Thanks for sharing! (I've got a close friend in Melbourne and enjoy Vegemite.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the black rectangle in ceiling center? Fan? Light?
Thats the new 2020 model led light - its actually quite a bright good light, not like the lights in the 2016 model - so we decided to keep it, even though we installed led lights. If we need a bright light that comes on when the doors open, and runs off the car battery - we use it. We didn't install ceiling fan in this build, with the two rear windows and front window vents, we didn't feel we needed a fan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love your kitchenette and this is exactly what we want to do with our 136" LR. Thanks for sharing! (I've got a close friend in Melbourne and enjoy Vegemite.)
You are welcome, we did a three week trip to Yellowstone, the Kitchenette and cooler drawer performed marvelously. The slides are 48" Hettich 500lb rated drawer slides, they are built like a freight train. Our design could easily be modified for a 136, just adjusting bed height or size. BTW, we have a 136, also the floor in both our vans is installed using only the D-Ring bolts. We drill very few holes in either of our two van builds.

·
Registered
2020 White 1500 LR 118" WB
33 Posts
HI Again

I kind of posted the link to my build Tour Video in the photos section, not realizing there is a specific forum for videos.

So here is the link to my finished van - overview and features

2020 118 WB Low Roof Camper Build Video

My wife also recorded the build as I went along - we have uploaded 12 build videos so far, still a few more to go - we are working on getting them up.

In the build videos are also exploded technical views of how I assembled the parts. One thing, the floor (bed module) and modules install using only the 6 D-Ring bolts, we drilled less than 12 holes in this van in the whole build.

Some of you may find these videos useful or give you ideas. I used lots of ideas I found in threads in this forum - So thank you all - we love our van.

Rob
Thank you so much @Robert Andersen for the video link. I just recently bought a 1500 118 WB, and have picked up many great ideas from your video series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts