Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at the 118 and dove through the "Real world MPG" Thread. It's a little thick in there with discussion and want to be verify what I pulled out is correct.

It seems like most vans are getting 18/20.xx mpg? I'm not hauling much in this, other than surfboards, photography gear and a rear bench that folds into a bed. I need to make sure this van will fit into my budget.

Also, any input on this van as a daily driver?

Thanks!

J

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
As a daily driver, I was overwhelmed at the hugeness of the PM - at first. Then I got used to it and now it feels very natural and easy to drive. Mine's a 136 with a high roof. It fits quite readily in a standard parking lot slot. And so easy to find in a huge parking lot - it towers over all the cars.

I do feel sorry for the poor guy next to me in a parking lot who has to back out blindly since he can't see through my big ol van.

Can you stand up in the 118? Not having to hunker over is one of my favorite features of the van.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 118 WB that replaced my Sprinter which also was a 118 WB. By the sounds of it I carry around about the same loads that you want to.I use it for work and play and even do some camping in it. I'm 5'7" and can almost stand up in it, I just have to tilt my head a little.Once you have been in a "tall" van you will love it. My best mpg so far was 20.4 and for the most part, its my daily driver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Toaster!

What would you say your average mpg is?

I finally got to drive one today and was amazed at how well they handled. Drove really really nice and the fit & finish seemed great to me. I thought the dash gave an estimated MPG readout? I was looking for one but just found the "range" option.

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks Toaster!

What would you say your average mpg is?

I finally got to drive one today and was amazed at how well they handled. Drove really really nice and the fit & finish seemed great to me. I thought the dash gave an estimated MPG readout? I was looking for one but just found the "range" option.

Thanks!

J
My average mpg is runs between 16 to17 and that is a mix of highway / city driving. I don't know If I have some kind of an option, but my dash does give an average.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts