Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This install is for pros only.

I thought I'd share. Don't forget to drink beers prior during and after installation.

Tools required - none
Install time - 1 minute depending on how many beers you drank before

Parts required:
1) 4 tie downs
2) 1 camping chair

End result. Priceless.

Not DOT approved.
Install at your own risk.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I have the same chair, and I've thought about it too!

I keep two of them strapped to the side wall for when I stop somewhere, but a few straps and you're ready to go. Add one more tie-down cord for a seatbelt and you're there!

It is my understanding that it's OK to walk around the back of an RV in some states, so this would be a safety improvement step up. Looks fine for adults, but lots of rules for kids under 16.

IMHO... of course - no legal opinions here!

Ed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same chair, and I've thought about it too!

I keep two of them strapped to the side wall for when I stop somewhere, but a few straps and you're ready to go. Add one more tie-down cord for a seatbelt and you're there!

It is my understanding that it's OK to walk around the back of an RV in some states, so this would be a safety improvement step up. Looks fine for adults, but lots of rules for kids under 16.

IMHO... of course - no legal opinions here!

Ed
Great minds think alike! I did also think about the tiedown seatbelt option. Rofl.
It is a great camping chair. The mini cooler and cupholder are awesome.
Im going to.try and pick up a 2nd matching camping chair as well...indont remember where i had bought mine. Do you recall where you ourchased yours?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking a rock climbing harness with four point tie downs.

Thats an awsome idea! Funny thing is. Whoever would be sitting in that chair with the harness and tiedowns strapped to them would probably be 10 times safer in that thing than sitting up front with a stock belt on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts