Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marchionne confirmed today FIAT/Chrysler dolled out $1.24 Billion at their Saltillo, Mexico factory dedicated to Promaster production.

$1.085 Billion was used to create the actual van production plant. The remaining $164 Million will be used to add a new production line for assembling Tigershark Engines...

·
Registered
50 Posts
At 1.2 billion lets say average cost of a PM is 30K. 40,000 vans at $30k come to 1.2 billion. I am sure over the life of the plant they will sell hundreds of thousands of vans. Remember it is not just sales in the US but throughout the Americas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea exactly, and the engine facility will pump out engines for other vehicles as well not just promasters.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
It makes sense. Ducatos have been in Mexico for a long time, as well as south America, so investing into a plant which can make vans for virtually the complete hemisphere is a wise idea.

I wonder how Fiat/Dodge will resolve the differences between the Ducatos and the PMs, especially with the fact that using Mexican low sulfur diesel in a PM will cause newer US rigs to throw codes (US diesel is "ultra-low sulfur, or ULSD.)

·
Registered
363 Posts
yea exactly, and the engine facility will pump out engines for other vehicles as well not just promasters.
This is very true, same goes for anything else interchangeable, for all we know there could be some parts on the PM that are used on the smaller RAM trucks, like the 1500 for example.

·
Registered
473 Posts
What I've read is that the engine plant is going to build the Tigershark engine, which is the one of the 4cyl motors used in the new Dodge Dart. I'm sure if that's a fact that the motors built there will be going to other parts of the hemisphere.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
What I've read is that the engine plant is going to build the Tigershark engine, which is the one of the 4cyl motors used in the new Dodge Dart. I'm sure if that's a fact that the motors built there will be going to other parts of the hemisphere.....
good chance the internal parts are interchangeable with other engines, or close, but sadly the stuff that fall under maintenance will probably be different so they can make more money off of us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts