Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the key into ignition switch, it would not turn. Never seen this before, so I went into house and Googled it. Went back outside and started van and tried to call my wife to tell her all was OK. Pushed phone button on steering wheel and said, "Call home". "Do you want to call towing?" was the reply!? I do not have anything about towing on my phone and have never used that word in the van. Two more times I said "call home" and both times the reply was "Do you want to call towing?" each time with the instructions about say call with the name or say dial and the number when I said "No". So, then I said "Dial 909 xxx-xxxx." (my home phone) and it said, "Do you want to call towing?"
What the heck?? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Wow you would think it knew you were having an issue! Freaky strange! Next it will probably say “I’m sorry Dave I can’t do that” Thanks Hal.

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
I've never been able to get that "feature" to work on my Promaster!

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
The Uconnect stereo, in addition to accessing your phone's address book, has built-in entries for towing and service, as well as emergencies.

Personally, I find the Uconnect speech recognition to be about useless - I really wish I could just have the "phone" button on the steering wheel just fire up my phone's built in recognition.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah, it's worthless for me too. But my Apple Watch does this, so I don't need Uconnect anymore.

I just pretend I'm Dick Tracy. ...hey Siri...wait till she awakens, then say call home, or I say play Led Zeppelin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts