User Tag List

post #1 of 2 Old 03-28-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
tkgeorge_99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Introduction

Hello all, I just purchased a 2018 Promaster 1500 136". It is a Enterprise lease return with 21K miles. I purchased van with purpose of doing a campervan conversion for our family. Its the wife and I, plus 3 boys: 13, 11 and 9 yrs old. Truth be known, this is the newest vehicle I have ever owned. I am Volkswagen guy at heart with years of air cooled buses and bugs. ('66 baja bug and '72 bus currently) I had a 1990 vanagon camper that I sold last year after our 40 day -10K mile Alaska road trip. I finally decided that the stress of an older vehicle breaking down and constantly needing maintainence was more that I wanted. It was only part of trip I didn't love. We have a 8 week trip planned for sept/oct 2019 to drive the eastern portion of the country. Going to take kids out of school and visit national parks, historical sites, and all the eastern USA has to offer. Our van conversion will be a bit different than most as we will be fitting in 3 boys plus us. It will be tight in the 136" but my wife was adament that she wanted a smaller van for negotiating the big cities on east coast. We are minimalist, so will probably forgo kitchen area in place of seating for boys and maybe do a fold out kitchen on back doors. No bathroom. Going to keep it simple. So goal is to create a comfortable travel vehicle that will fit us while driving, sleep us all in a pinch, and carry all our stuff ( mountain bikes, backpacking gear, inflatable paddle boards). None of this "van life" for us, we are just creating a sweet travel van for family. Is is possible? I hope so. After all living and traveling together in the much smaller VW Vanagon last summer, I think we can do it. My background involves, building our own home and turing a wrench on all my Vw's. I feel like I have the basic skill levels to acomplish conversion on my own. Looking forward to gleaming info on forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-28-2019, 02:59 PM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Thanked 1,018 Times in 835 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Now you have been approved you may ask any questions you wish in the appropriate forum.

2014, High Top/159 WB, 2500 gas Promaster camping conversion. https://www.promasterforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=43121

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page