Ram Promaster Forum banner

Fancy Nancy 18" wheels

51K views 64 replies 30 participants last post by  Burt Gummer 
#1 ·
Available in Chrome or Matte Black if anyone cares. I just can't leave well enough alone. These for the non-snowy times - use the stock 16"+chains for those days.

$1000 + tires is a lot just to look pimp in a cargo van, I know :D. But for the PM to look nicer than my friend's Transit XL is something that must be done.

http://rimzoneonline.com/wheels/atx...8-atx-181-artillery-chrome-ax18188036250.html

(Picking up my PM on Tuesday)

#3 ·
Yes, but 16" aluminum wheels are not the same - but more attractive than the 16" steel standard ones, that is true.

Mine has steel rims. Getting a dealer to re-option or order something that was offered as a factory option seems like pulling teeth. Thought about going that way, but gave up. Would probably just go to wheel covers over the steel if that were the case.

#5 ·
#8 ·
Interesting thread as I want to change wheels on my 136 Low Roof. I was under the impression that you can't just throw any wheel on there due to weight...the weight of loads that is.

I might just plastidip mine black. I was hoping to maybe go to a 17 or 18 to fill the wheel well a bit better but I guess you are always going to have some gap so you don't rub under load.

My first 'commercial' vehicle so I'm pretty new at this...

#9 ·
Burt, Paul Sherry has been selling Promaster vans with these wheels since it came out. So far the ATX Artillery are the only wheels that are technically made to fit the Promaster (some Porsche and other rims fit but don't quite have the load bearing capability). I heard they are discontinuing them but haven't received confirmation on this.

#10 ·
He sure makes a Promaster look purdy.

Solid body color looks great.

I am going to try those cheezy steel (chrome looking) hubcaps for $120 or so. Powdercoating the stockers black is nice also - mine is going to be silver and black would look good also.

#14 · (Edited)
Reactions: SewerRatz
#15 ·
Another angle - that are pretty obnoxious and stick out a bit, however already got compliments on how 'industrial' the van looks especially the wheels >:D

Attachments

Reactions: SewerRatz
#21 ·
LOL - about time! Yeah, trust me, I know they are over the top but for the time being I am enjoying them.

Plus I'll be able to find my van easier when I parked at the airport.

#29 · (Edited)
Sure thing. We can custom build a van especially for you. If you would like one with custom paint, materials, interior colors, ect....We can do it.

Leather seat covers for the front seats.

Seating up to 9 passengers in the 159" wheel base. Each seat has at least 16" of legroom.

Power reclining two-piece rear sofa.

Recessed blinds.

The largest HDTV in the conversion van segment. 32"

I encourage you to visit our website: www.sherryvans.info

Also, check out our YouTube channel. We do a walkaround video for every van that we have in our inventory! https://www.youtube.com/user/sherryvans

#30 ·
Vans look great and like your seats. Paint is looking sharp too.

What kind of insulation do you use? We are finding out that a lot of up-fitters still use fiberglass batting or other substandard materials. We have been supplying 3M Thinsulate vehicle thermal/acoustic insulation to the DIY folks who are both knowledgeable and particular about their material choices. We have approached a number of up-fitters with jobber pricing on a master roll that can do ~6 vans. Please contact me if you are interested.

#31 ·
Vans look great and like your seats. Paint is looking sharp too.

What kind of insulation do you use? ...

I'm not 100% sure what insulation we use...But we use Dynamat sound deadening...So the insulation is probably from the same company...

If you scroll to the bottom of this article, you can get an idea for what we do in our vans:

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/vans/sherry.html

#35 ·
I gotta say I love the look of this van and the facelifted Ducato we may get next year. The others look like someone grafted a pig's nose on a box! Each to their own I guess. As they say "Opinions are like..... everybody's got one." LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.