MaxxFan/Roof Rack Interference? - Page 3 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 21 Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 AM
scarysharkface

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I'm up against this as well, on a 2018 136" high-roof model.

My "solution" is to install the two solar panels I purchased between the two front crosspieces on aluminum angle bolted to the bottoms of the crosspieces, which will allow me to install the fan in front of the rear-most rib.

Mounting the solar panels to the underside of the crosspieces is brilliant and I'm glad I saw this thread prior to installing them.

Of course, measuring them indicates it will be a tight fit, and I need to pickup the correct size carriage bolts (and of course I neglected to measure the gap when I was near a ladder) for the channel on the crosspieces.

The rear-most crosspiece isn't used for anything in this setup, but I might install aluminum channel all the way back regardless, to both provide a place to hide the wires from the panels (I think I'm going to bring them into the van at the backup camera housing, which is another great idea I've seen on this forum) and maybe to obscure the view of the roof vent from the street.

At any rate, that means the vent fan will be a little farther forward in the cabin, but I think that will be fine.

John

Married, bassist, motorcyclist, father
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page