User Tag List

post #81 of 84 Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 AM
eric1514

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cissell View Post
I think if you stay within the specs you'll be fine. Otherwise a different hitch would be wise. Sounds like that guy had some serious weight on the hitch and was bouncing it a lot to break.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think the guy messed up and yes, I'll be OK but I'd still love to put a different hitch on.

Using etrailer.com for info and pictures, the only hitches that fit the extended van mount just like the one I have. I've also got tanks and what not to contend with. This is the first I've heard of the MOPAR one. From what I've garnered in this thread, it has more mounting points than the Curt I have. Very curious to actually see one and if it mounts up.

2015 Travato 59g.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 Old 06-13-2019, 08:48 PM
CorndogCaravan

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
I received my MOPAR tow hitch and wire harness. The 1/2" holes for the side brackets were already in my chassis with foil tape covering them. Total install of the hitch was about an hour but it did get rained on. The wire harness was easy until I got to the cab area above the door trim. This thing has airbag curtains everywhere and hope I never see them. My PM has park sense and the harness had a single wire that you insert into terminal #6 on the 8 pin plug. I don't know if this prevents the sensors from going off when trailering in reverse but am curious if anyone has experience with this. I put together a video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/oekZBjvDTCw

2018 3500 159ext HR Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to CorndogCaravan For This Useful Post:
eric1514 (06-13-2019)
post #83 of 84 Old 06-14-2019, 12:59 AM
CampDirector

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I also installed the Mopar OEM hitch and wiring harness. When I got to the front of the van with the harness I bypassed going over the drivers door and ran the wire down the B pillar in through the cavity behind the step. made it really easy.

2017 ~ 3500 ~ Gas ~ 159"WB ~ Ext ~ Window Van
post #84 of 84 Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 AM
eric1514

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorndogCaravan View Post
I received my MOPAR tow hitch and wire harness. The 1/2" holes for the side brackets were already in my chassis with foil tape covering them. Total install of the hitch was about an hour but it did get rained on. The wire harness was easy until I got to the cab area above the door trim. This thing has airbag curtains everywhere and hope I never see them. My PM has park sense and the harness had a single wire that you insert into terminal #6 on the 8 pin plug. I don't know if this prevents the sensors from going off when trailering in reverse but am curious if anyone has experience with this. I put together a video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/oekZBjvDTCw
I just crawled under the back of my van, a 2015 Travato G, and it sure looks the MOPAR hitch will work. There looks to be plenty of room for the outriggers and I think I also have the holes pre-drilled. I have a 4 pin wiring harness at the moment and that will suffice. Thanks for posting that video!

2015 Travato 59g.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page