Join Date: Nov 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Yet another Diesel/Gas heater thread
I am planning Diesel heater installation and after searching the forums, I still have quite a few questions:
1. There seems to be a shortage of 2Kw models, at least the ones with good reviews are all 5Kw nowadays, any ideas why? Maybe someone can point a reputable source for a 2Kw model supplier?
2. There are several documented installations of 2Kw models (Chinese, Webasto, and Espar) but I couldn't find anything about 5Kw models. Do they fit under the front seat as 2Kw models do?
3. People who removed spare tire kit from under the passenger seat, where did you relocate it? Did you find a good spot for it elsewhere?
4. Not willing to spend a fortune on a brand name Gasoline heater in my Gasoline van, I am forced to have an auxiliary Diesel tank. What are the options for its location (assuming I do not want the filling nozzle inside, to avoid a possible disaster in case of spillage while re-filling the tank)?
5. I was thinking about acquiring a DEF tank (with filling nozzle etc) and using it as an auxiliary fuel tank for a heater. What do you think? Is the location for DEF tank unused in Gasoline models? What is the size/capacity of DEF tank? Do you think DEF tank can contain Diesel fuel?