post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
ramuser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Troubleshooting Power Window

Hi All

The power window on the driver side of my 2014 Promaster 2500 is not working. Here are the symptoms:

- When activating the passenger side window, there is a relay click noise (from behind the fuse panel) at the beginning, and another one at the end of the glass trip. That seems fine.
- When activating the driver side window switch, there is one relay click (on) and another one immediately after (off) (even if the switch is still pushed).
- I removed the plastic panels on the door to access the plug that feeds the window motor (http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2014/v...S/37/D3040.pdf), unplugged it and connected a Voltmeter. With the motor unplugged, every time I click the switch I see the needle move for a second (towards+12 or -12) before going back to 0 by itself.
- I believe this tells me the motor assembly itself is fine, but I can't locate the relay, or any info on how to troubleshoot the circuit upwards. The fuses F47 and F48 are ok.

Any suggestions on how to continue this troubleshooting would be much appreciated.

Cheers

D

Last edited by ramuser; 05-12-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 08:47 AM
angrymountainbiker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Any progress on this? I started a thread about my passenger window stuttering as it's raised. I haven't started troubleshooting yet but in my case will probably start by replacing both window switches. Passenger switch is completely missing in mine actually.

2018 Promaster 1500 136" HR
post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
ramuser

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymountainbiker View Post
Any progress on this? I started a thread about my passenger window stuttering as it's raised. I haven't started troubleshooting yet but in my case will probably start by replacing both window switches. Passenger switch is completely missing in mine actually.

It was the contacts! They were dirty!

I took the switch apart until I got to the circuit board, and cleaned it. There was some rust accumulated. Maybe at one time someone left the window open while it rained.
The Following User Says Thank You to ramuser For This Useful Post:
angrymountainbiker (05-17-2019)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page