Swapping from RH3 to RA2 Radio. Is it possible? - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Dylan Conte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Swapping from RH3 to RA2 Radio. Is it possible?

Just bought a 2014 3500 extended. Iíve owned an 03 Sprinter for the last 5 years and maintained it myself. Iím pretty excited to be mainting a gas van from here on out. So far mpgs are pretty good too! 18.5-19.5 is pretty good for a gasser.

I jumped the gun and bought a uconnect factory touch screen radio (RA2) and back up camera out of a crashed sprinter for my base model van that has the old single din uconnect (RH3). I didnít do enough research obviously. Took it all appart today and the wiring is completely different for each. Has anyone put the nice touch screen in a base model before? Iím only looking for the blue tooth music, usb, radio, and backup camera from the new radio. Iím not afraid to do some soldering and build a harness myself but Iím struggling to find any parts or info. The rear of the van is wired for the back up camera so I know Iím close.

Thanks for letting me join!
Cheers,
-Dylan

-Dylan C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2019, 10:56 AM
angrymountainbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hey try searching for uconnect wiring diagrams for those vehicles. I bet you can map it out and make a wiring harness. I did a quick search for uconnect wiring diagrams and it looks like quite a few spammy links but I bet something is out there. Sorry I can't offer more specific help. Had to do something similar years ago in other vehicles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page