Ram Promaster Forum banner

wheels

21K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  hiltonexpediting 
#1 ·
need to know bolt pattern need to get some rims befor I put it on the road.thinking azbout the American Outlaw Buckshot in Chrome

#2 ·
There have been several posts here on suitable wheels, bolt pattern, etc, if you search they should show right up.

I can tell you off the top of my head the bolt patern is the same as the Sprinter T1N (02-06), it's also stamped on the rims, I believe.

#5 ·
Not a lot of wheel options out there. Those chrome Buckshots do look real nice. I think there's another wheel some of the upfitters are using. Personally, I'd prefer to find a van with the factory alum. wheels for the factory warranty and less expense even if they aren't as slick looking. But there's a good chance I'll be going aftermarket as well. Please post pix/links for any new wheels that might become available.

#7 ·
Way cool!

BavarianBoy,

Wow those look super cool!

I have the Promaster aluminum wheels and for any body thinking of this option they are less than impressive.

Thanks for yet another helpful post.

Dave

#8 ·
wheel indicates that this is a mountain bike. Mountain bikes have two sizes of wheel: 26", which is most common and 29" which is a niche market. This wheel size has been chosen by manufacturers because it gives good acceleration and cornering ability when bombing through woods or down hills.

#12 ·
Hey I have a sherrod with American racing 18" wheels and tires AND I have a T1N sprinter with 8 Cayenne 17" rims (summer and winter tires, wheel hubs had to be bored and use a spacer to fit the Sprinter hub/offset, hmm wonder if they'll fit swap to the promaster, next up what is the hub size on the promaster? Is the promaster a hub centric setup?
first pic the 18" american racing same diameter as the stock tires.

Attachments

#13 ·
They will fit no problem. You have to remove the positioning pins on the Promaster hubs and you do need an adapter ring. I forget the size right now but it’s been posted here by both me and others. If you can’t find it I’ll look it up again. BTW I have a set you can have for $10 if you like.

#18 ·
I just had a set of those same exact stainless steel wheel covers and they didn't fit really tight. We tried bending the tabs, but still not a tight fit. My very first job I went on, 2 flew off. So I took the other two off and threw them away. How tight are yours? I cleaned the rims up really good. I still have the factory steel 16" wheels. Thanks for any information. Randy.

#17 ·
By the way, if anybody has a set (4) of stock 130mm Ram plastic hubcap covers they will never need again, I am working on an idea of how to convert my 118mm Citroen covers to fit - seems like they never made a 130mm size for that particular variant.

I am looking for either free or really cheap - I don’t know if my idea will work, but I will cover standard shipping costs to California - no hurry!

Thanks in advance, happy to slightly reduce your garage clutter...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.