Ram Promaster Forum banner

My Van Build-Out for Surfing

32K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  bicycleweed 
#1 ·
First photo. Aluminum wheels and silver grille

3/4" oak plywood (because it was the only plywood I could find that was dead flat and perfect) I used 2 layers of underlayment. One is a red foam type (from Home Depot). The other is the pressed scrap fibers (from Lowes) you find under carpeting on all cars. It rides real quiet now.

Then its all covered with stick on fake wood flooring

The wheelwell humps are covered with Thermotec. (from Amazon)
Hush Mat on the walls (from Amazon)
In the coming weeks it will get full wall covering, racks, drawers etc.

See less See more
#8 ·
http://www.lowes.com/pd_90773-22925...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=underlayment&facetInfo=

What appealed the most about using this, is it's exactly like what all cars use under carpeting from the factory, so it must be right stuff.

I installed 3 sheets of plywood. Laid crosswise. On the middle sheet I let the under layment wrap all 4 edges. So the under layment padded the joint between the plywood sheets too.

I spray glued the under layment to the plywood to make dropping them in easier.

#11 ·
More progress on my van interior mods.
Here is a windsurf sail box on Accuride drawer slides rated at 500 lbs.

Here is the partition and door between the toys and the cab. Combination key pad on the door.

The drawer removes. The board racks fold flat against the wall. Even the cargo wall/partition folds out of the way to allow using the van to haul misc cargo up to 10 feet long when I'm not using it to haul my toys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.