Tow Hitch - Page 5 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #41 of 45 Old 03-25-2017, 09:36 PM
medicineman4040

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Not that I need it now but I arrive at U-haul this morning for the 0900 appointment for hitch install only to find out
30 min's later they ordered the wrong hitch.
So win some and loose some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 03-25-2017, 10:24 PM
jimmbomb

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
For those of you who install their own, whats the part number for the wiring kit? And did etrailer discount for a bundled deal?
Thanks.
post #43 of 45 Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
KNDLKSTMS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
OK , the updates . Finally got the replacement bolt after the USPO ran it back and forth a whole week between the first 2 offices. And got another bolt a week later ??? Shoved the big Curt up in there , fit great. Close tolerances. Put in trailer electric adapter and brake controller. Rigged some old bumper brackets and 2x2 tube to bolt to cross bar for a step.

post #44 of 45 Old 04-18-2017, 06:48 PM
BillMac

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
For those of you who install their own, whats the part number for the wiring kit? And did etrailer discount for a bundled deal?
Thanks.
I used a Curt C56209, don't remember a package discount but prices were all better then local, EBay or Amazon at etrailer.

1st PM 2015 118" Diesel-Bought 4/15 Got sick 5/15 1400 miles returned to FCA 10/15
2nd one 2016 136" LR Diesel 10/15 let the project begin
post #45 of 45 Old 04-23-2017, 07:31 AM
radioman

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
Thanks.
i didnt bother with the part numbers on the trailer stuff. i just went to etrailer and clicked on my make,model, year and it shows the available stuff. i did not receive a bundle price but i did compare prices on ebay. what i got was free shipping since it was over 99 bucks . the price was marginal to save more on ebay and amazon, but with etrailer everything was already there proven it will fit . i ordered the drawtite and p3 controller and wiring. I gotta say - the intructions is amazing clear if you follow it one step at a time. the only thing wasnt clear was no pics on how to connect the wiring in the battery and brake area but it was easily figured out.

the only thing that wasnt shown where to hook up wire to the brake switch. let me save future guys time. there are 4 wires out of the brake switch. if you use a light tester and test each wire - 3 wires will light up. you dont want those. the 4th wire on outside , mine was green with white stripe the "cold side" is the one you want to connect your brake controller wiring to.

handyman services

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page