MsNomer's Webasto Install - Page 10 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #91 of 95 Old 04-24-2017, 12:31 PM
klunytoons

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MsNomer, I can't find where people were asking about my remote sensor so I'll post a review here.

I think the questions was, did I notice any difference? It's really hard to tell. I didn't record any temps so it's all based on my feeling comfortable. I don't think it changed the performance enough to justify the $55.

The problem I was having was the heater keeping up when the outside temps dropped below 10 degrees. I thought it might have been a sensor issue. When I talked to the Webasto tech he was skeptical but said try it out and see what happens. I talked to some other ski bums in Telluride one weekend and he said his espar performed about the same as mine. It'd keep the inside temps in the high 60s until the outside temp dropped to 10 and under. My van is insulation with Thinsulate and he had regular house insulation.

It hasn't been in single digits since that trip but I think I'd rather have spent $50 on an exhaust silencer than this sensor. My estimates for single digits are that the inside temp in the van drops down to the 40s. I need a sleeping bag with the heater on full blast at those temps. Outside temps in the teens or twenties and I sleep with a quilt.

Just my two cents. Sorry there's no real data to back it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 05-17-2017, 01:56 PM
LulaNord

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi...as per my knowledge the actual wires had the pins installed but the plastic plug was not on. The plastic plug won't fit through the intake hole with the plug installed. Not the best design since would be hard to take the plug apart once it was assembled if needed to remove the heater. The kit also came with about 10 or so feet of two conductor cable and the parts to terminate it to build a fuel pump power extension cable.
post #93 of 95 Old 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM
Roblee

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I need help with the Webasto dosing pump wiring. I think it's the connection LulaNord mentions above. I can't figure out how the wires attach to the plastic clip. The clip attaches to the connection on the pump but the wires won't attach to the black plastic. I can't tell how to orient the wire tips to insert them and the blue plugs are too big to fit inside the plastic clip. Webasto techs not available on weekend. I haven't seen anyone detailing this. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3332.jpg (101.6 KB, 23 views)

2015 159wb gas. High Plains of Texas
plywood & fence pickets one board at a time

post #94 of 95 Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
MsNomer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That black tip snaps apart. Then the wires go in and the lid snaps back on. Do this after wires are threaded.
post #95 of 95 Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
Roblee

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Thanks MsN. I took a fresh look and made that work. I was burned out from toiling this install for 2 days. Got it running today (third day) on second cycle like yours. Truly an amazing machine. Nothing particularly high tech about the install but good grief there are a lot of steps. And they have to be sequenced just right or it's 2 steps backward. I did under passenger seat and raised it to clear the lower seat base bar. Connected fuel line to Dorman Quick Connect without any brass fittings-a significant simplification. Still have to replace heat shield and catalytic converter and figure out final exhaust route. Will be putting lower seat base and swivel here also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3336.jpg (142.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3334.jpg (151.6 KB, 20 views)

2015 159wb gas. High Plains of Texas
plywood & fence pickets one board at a time

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page