distance record - Page 2 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
charity's van

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
grnd0, my trip B was reset when the trans was installed back in March. It reads about 23,500 miles and shows 24.9 mpg. I have tracked my miles on fuelly.com In spite of some phenomenal mileage it still reads 23.7 over the lifetime.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/promas.../mempho/375768
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charity's van View Post
RD, I try to drive until I get the tank as empty as I can. I feel that doing so any contaminants will get sucked up into the fuel filter instead of lying around at the bottom of the fuel tank. I have often filled it with 23 gallons or so but just never at this distance. Many times I stop early because of price, the big truck stops can be 40 cent or more per gallon.
I hear ya on the truck stops. I just open “Gas Buddy” on my phone in the last 100 miles or so and when it gives me a killer price I let it lead me to the station with Maps. I go to a truck stop as a last resort and in 33K miles have used them about three times and all were scussy and spilled diesel was everywhere. Regular stations often have both the best price and are generally clean and no spills. YMMV.
I don’t think you need to worry about the crud in the bottom of the tank as all fuel injected vehicles have a fuel pressure relief valve and cycle a fair amount of fuel back into the tank all the time. The fuel is well mixed and any crud has been removed from the bottom long before you get down to there. It used to be different but those days are gone. Relax.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page