post #31 of 37 Old 05-21-2016, 08:01 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Garage
No. But just in case you need to replace one:
We "lost" one of our two FOBs when my wife's purse was stolen. Our 2015 came with two FOBs no valet key. We purchased a replacement FOB/Key cut to our VIN for $115 from our selling dealer. Later the FOB was programed to our Van for $35 and we were told all FOBs need to be present and the lost FOB would not now work in our van and would never be able to be programed to ANY PM!

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

Last edited by RDinNHandAZ; 05-21-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 05-21-2016, 04:32 PM
KilWerBzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
When my key fob quit working I opened the fob case and cleaned the grease monkeys finger prints off the battery and it has worked just fine since.

2014 Ram Promaster 2500 HR 159" Diesel
Bow down to RA and offer him Cadmium Telluride and he shall reward you.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/promas...lWerBzz/364918
post #33 of 37 Old 05-22-2016, 12:10 PM
jostalli

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Garage
Yes and the dealer had to replace a part. Maybe they didn't need to but that's how dealers service departments make money.

post #34 of 37 Old 05-22-2016, 08:50 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe its just me but I'm not seeing anything but great work with fair pricing, intelligently done and bending over backwards to please from my dealer, Tri City Dodge-Ram, Somersworth NH. I could bore you with examples. Perhaps you should move nearer? (And no, I am not on the take from anyone!) Good ones are out there.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #35 of 37 Old 05-22-2016, 10:28 PM
jostalli

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Garage
No my dealer is the best. Was just sharing common dealer service practices. Not upset about it.
post #36 of 37 Old 04-29-2017, 11:58 PM
TedV865

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I can confirm one way to make both key fobs stop working and how to fix it without taking it to the dealer. My 2015 came with 2 fobs and no valet key.

I ment to unlock the rear doors but hit the front unlock, realized I hit the wrong button and quickly hit the rear door unlock. This seemed to confuse the computer and both fobs would not lock or unlock the van. Had to use the key in door lock and the buttons inside to lock or unlock.radio and dash info all worked fine. A quarter was the best tool to remove the battery cover. I unbolted the ground strap from the battery by removing the 10mm nut. Ground terminal has what looks like a quick release latch like a removable bicycle axle but didn't seem to have enough room to flip it open and I had the 10mm socket handy. I left it unhooked for 15 minutes while I did some other work in the garage. Not sure it is needed but seemed like a good idea to let capacitors discharge if there are any that hold a charge. Reconnected the ground strap. Could hear solonoids and servos activating in the dash. Both key fobs working normally now. This also cleared the volatile memory for trip A and B and had to reset the clock time.

Doing this myself saved me the time and hassle of bring it to the dealer. Figured if it didn't fix it, then I would bring it in. YMMV, might not work for others who had issues,.

2015 3500 gas. High roof extended, RV-ish package. They do exist!
post #37 of 37 Old 04-30-2017, 08:09 AM
radioman

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
since my van was sold from a used car dealer and they are not familiar with pm, i figured i got both keys fobs and was all set. when you guys mentioned valet key - i was like umm i think i better get a copy made as valet key - question is will the van start with valet key and if so then how long will it run? has anyone gone to key service like lowes and have one made as valet key from the key fob? I like the idea of having a valet key as its thinner to open doors and i am a little paraniod about locking my keys in pm.

handyman services

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page