Are you happy with your Promaster? - Page 2 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 20 Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 PM
MsNomer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Had a chat with the Promaster mechanics at my dealership after they changed the oil. They said the PM's have been nearly trouble-free, especially the gassers. Biggest complaint is that original tires don't last long. My Vancos are still OK at 41,000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 02-13-2017, 07:27 PM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
I changed my vancos at about 64k and they head at least 10k more miles on them!

2014, High Top/159 WB, 2500 gas Promaster camping conversion. http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43121
post #13 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 AM
charity's van

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I like the van, but i've had transmission issues dated back to dec 2015 that are still unresolved. my van has been out of use since june of 2016. it's still broken. FCA has been no real help at all. Dealers refuse to work on my van by telling me they dont/wont do warranty work. I picked it up last monday at a dealer (Benchmark CDJ) that charged me $1847 for parts they put on trying to diagnose my problem. They say I need a transmission,l but told me to take it elsewhere because it don't pay enough for them to do the work. Did I mention it is still broken. I bought the van to work in. I am very disappointed that I'm unable to work in it. The 25mpg was helping my bottom line. The techs have no experience and the dealers are of no help. It has been to 4 and twice that many have refused to work on it. I am not alone in my transmission problems I have met a few others and been contacted through this forum and another. Most of the guys bragging about their trouble free vans dont have hardly any miles on them, mine too was mostly trouble free till about 55,000 miles; since then i've struggled to put any miles on it with it constantly being in a shop for weeks. Most diagnose is that they cannot duplicate the problem and no codes appear. I took 1 service manager ( Homer Skelton CDJ) for a ride after this and had my issue appear on the ride; his reaction "you do have a problem, but I can't solve it take it somewhere else" . I don't know what the issue is with headlights but I've changed 7. Most owners I meet have changed more than me.

post #14 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM
KeepMeMoving

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charity's van View Post
I like the van, but i've had transmission issues dated back to dec 2015 that are still unresolved. my van has been out of use since june of 2016. it's still broken. FCA has been no real help at all. Dealers refuse to work on my van by telling me they dont/wont do warranty work. I picked it up last monday at a dealer (Benchmark CDJ) that charged me $1847 for parts they put on trying to diagnose my problem. They say I need a transmission,l but told me to take it elsewhere because it don't pay enough for them to do the work. Did I mention it is still broken. I bought the van to work in. I am very disappointed that I'm unable to work in it. The 25mpg was helping my bottom line. The techs have no experience and the dealers are of no help. It has been to 4 and twice that many have refused to work on it. I am not alone in my transmission problems I have met a few others and been contacted through this forum and another. Most of the guys bragging about their trouble free vans dont have hardly any miles on them, mine too was mostly trouble free till about 55,000 miles; since then i've struggled to put any miles on it with it constantly being in a shop for weeks. Most diagnose is that they cannot duplicate the problem and no codes appear. I took 1 service manager ( Homer Skelton CDJ) for a ride after this and had my issue appear on the ride; his reaction "you do have a problem, but I can't solve it take it somewhere else" . I don't know what the issue is with headlights but I've changed 7. Most owners I meet have changed more than me.
We also had transmission issues with our gas van right after we bought ours but the dealer fixed them quickly. Is suspect with 25 mpg yours was a diesel?

2016 PM 136 Low Roof Gas Engine. oldmassrambler.com
post #15 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 10:32 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Garage
Multiple lights blown out is almost always poor voltage control on the alternator and its circuit. You have reported all those reluctant dealers to FCA right? Your transmission internals are warranted to 100K. No excuse! My dealer’s techs have been very knowledgeable about anything I have discussed and yes, I have quizzed them. However with absolutely no issues I don't have much to compare too. I am still under 55K.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #16 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Ed Sebring

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2015 3500 Promaster. 13000 miles. Very easy to drive. No problems.
post #17 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 12:55 PM
flyingfork

I have a 2015 159 WB 2500 w/ the pentastar engine. No problems or complaints so far.

2015 2500 Ram ProMaster High Roof
post #18 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 02:41 PM
komac

Engine Problem

I have a 2014 Promaster with the 3.6 liter gas engine. It's an RV Winnebago "Trend" that uses the Promaster chassis. We bought it new in early 2015 and have been quite happy with it until last week. We were on vacation in St. Augustine, Florida. I noticed a clicking/clacking noise from the engine which has less than 16 thousand miles on it. I took it to the Dodge Ram dealer in St. Augustine, but was told they do not work on Promasters. They told me to go to Daytona Beach, the nearest Ram dealer who is Promaster certified. I drove there slowly. After taking it to their service department and waiting about 30 minutes, a service technician told me that they believe the noise is the sound of a cracked flywheel. I was strongly urged not to drive it anymore. I called the Dodge Customer Assistance Center. They were very polite and also urged me not to drive it. They then switched me to the "Promaster Team." That number, by the way, is 866-726-4636. They registered me and have given me a case number. We rented a car and returned to our Tennessee home last night, 13 February 2017. I'm waiting now to hear from the Daytona Beach dealer. In all my years of owning vehicles, trucks, cars, motorhomes, etc., I've never had a "cracked flywheel" problem. I have no idea how that would even occur, unless the metal was defective when installed by the factory. I'm writing this to see whether anyone else on this forum has had a similar incident. Komac

komac
post #19 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 PM
charity's van

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMeMoving View Post
We also had transmission issues with our gas van right after we bought ours but the dealer fixed them quickly. Is suspect with 25 mpg yours was a diesel?

mines diesel
post #20 of 20 Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 PM
charity's van

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMeMoving View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDinNHandAZ View Post
Multiple lights blown out is almost always poor voltage control on the alternator and its circuit. You have reported all those reluctant dealers to FCA right? Your transmission internals are warranted to 100K. No excuse! My dealer’s techs have been very knowledgeable about anything I have discussed and yes, I have quizzed them. However with absolutely no issues I don't have much to compare too. I am still under 55K.

headlights are a problem for most of us high mileage guys, lots of feedback on the expeditor site. FCA says they cannot make/force dealers work on customers vehicles under warranty. FCA refused to replace my transmission under warranty but to have it rebuilt at the dealer by the tech, that was dec 2015; it did not solve my jump outta gear problem. Subsequent visits back to this dealer yielded the story of " we cannot duplicate the problem" on numerous attempts. It would stay for weeks at a time as "we are very busy".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page