CR Laurence Window Install - Page 12 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #111 of 115 Old 12-29-2016, 01:02 PM
TedV865

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
How's the reliability and function of the china windows? In my web surfing for windows I've stumbled across made in Germany Seitz that function great except for the poly being easy to scratch. They can be polished out with some Novus and elbow grease. Then there are the Seitz, made in China. Same thing or worse on scratches but the big problem of if you have window open and a good breaze hits it, the arms do not stay locked. Flips the plexiglas window off the RV.

I prefer the Seitz for how much they open compared to the CR Lawrence. I don't want sliders. Some of the alibaba China window listings are offering single unit sales in addition to the 10each minimum. But it's pointless if a window can't be open to enjoy a breaze. That's the whole idea of a window that opens.

I take it your China ones are the straight edge like S4 not the slight curve like the S7p?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 115 Old 12-29-2016, 08:43 PM
goldenraf

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi TedV865,
I didn't have any problem with the wind and the arm has 2 positions to keep it open.
They have the rounded edge models and the square one.

I didn't see any scratches yet, but the same applies to Seitz or Chinese ones.
I inquired them about their market share against Seitz and they told me Australian RV manufacturers are their main market as well as Europe.

I will add 2 more windows to the back, 1 to the bathroom area and possibly a sunroof.
I attach the catalog here for your info, you'll see they make all kind of stuff for RV's, and they are very nice people to deal with.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2016 Caravan Parts.pdf (1.76 MB, 28 views)
post #113 of 115 Old 12-30-2016, 07:04 PM
cutndry

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I went off road this week and happy to report no squeaks from the CRL windows.

post #114 of 115 Old 01-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Slamosprint

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jostalli View Post
Best price is www.trucknvans.com. This is where I purchased. No tax or shipping charge.

Also, you do not use silicone or any other adhesive on these windows as the glass does not press up against the van. The trim that comes with the window goes on the inside and screws into the window, sandwiching the van skin.

See attached photos for how I did it. I used the trim piece to trace the hole and cut with a jigsaw.
So did you put any other seal on the van other than what came with the window? CLR closed cell foam on the outside and the flange on the inside to press it together? I have just installed the same window but there is a gap - even with the screws all the way in - so that the flange is still not tight. I am thinking I need to add another closed cell foam to the outside van metal to make it thicker before I put the window in and clamp it...?
post #115 of 115 Old 01-31-2017, 02:54 PM
PopeAng

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Window Van - Replace with windows that open??

I searched through many of the threads in this forum - I found a few archived notes, but nothing that could really help.

I am looking at buying a used PM Window Van 159"...has anyone successfully swapped out any of the factory windows in a Window Van with CRL windows (or other) that open (either slide or awning)...and can provide notes and pictures about their lessons learned? Or would be willing to supervise while I try it?

This is one of the main sticking points in me looking into this vehicle further.

Last edited by PopeAng; 01-31-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page