Ram Promaster Forum banner

After 6 1/2 months!! She was delivered this evening!!!!

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  dobermin 
#1 ·

We've been collecting lighting, insulation, fans, sound deadener, Great Stuff, tools, speakers, amps, seating, a toilet, sink, refrigerator, steps, push-bar/grille guard and more for over six months --- waiting for our 2017 RAM PROMASTER 159" EXT to arrive. She was delivered just hours ago.

Can't wait to get busy!! Thanks to all of you on this forum for the incredibly innovative ideas.

I feel paralyzed now!

Quick question --- This was in my door pocket -- what is it?

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
It is the adapter to store one of those beautiful Aluminum wheels under the van if you get a flat. The spare is a steel wheel. It took me a year to realize what that was. I got it into the tire change case under the passenger seat. I received a glossy sheet from FCA about it after I had tossed it into a box in the garage.
You ordered a WHITE van? WTF?

#7 · (Edited)
Technically white isn’t even a color. Sterile can be good. I just had a discussion with my granddaughter who called a white van a “Perve Van” I had to ask what that meant? I just mean if you could have Sandstone Pearl?? Each to their own odd aesthetic. dobermin may be in the hot sunny south where white makes sense. I had one white car in VT and the town’s snowplow pushed it under a giant roll of snow- they never saw it! My comment is more related to the fact white is sitting at dealerships all over, and discounts a better when they are sitters.

#9 ·
Camo is stealthier, but in the end it’s a honking huge van that everyone will know you are camping in! Just put a big magnetic “Drain Cleaner” sign on the side and no one will bother you! I sometimes wonder if the stealthy wannabes have bothered to look around? I see folks camping all over in plain vans. It’s not rocket science to know the difference.

#13 ·
Yes, it did. Apparently, there is a growing demand for them. The post office has orders in -- one of the delays with mine could have been I configured it with most of the options - they send it out to third party vendors to do the installs on a lot of these upgrades -- mine sat in that status for 1.5 months.

#15 ·
Our order overlapped dobermin's this spring. Ours took about 3.5 months. It included several in-cab upgrades (swivel seats, cruise, BU camera, etc), but the box was left totally bare (no floor, wall panels, nothing). So maybe no third-party vendors got involved. Our fleet salesman also tagged it "high priority", which we assumed was meaningless sales-speak at the time.

#18 ·
Man, you guys are scaring me!!

I ordered mine on 3-27-17 and was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks, but probably 10 weeks. The last time we checked, they said it was going to ship on 6-09-17. I called this morning after reading this thread to check... and now they say they think it will ship sometime between July 9th and July 15th.

I'm freaking out because the van we are replacing is literally falling apart (rotted frame). I'm not sure we'll make it another month. After explaining this to the dealership, he said he would do everything to "Red Tag" it as a priority. Like Steve said... we're pretty sure this is just meaningless sales talk, meant to calm us down.

No offense Dobermin... but I'm just praying we're not looking at 6 and half months too!!
Did they tell you in the beginning that it would take 6 months?

Wish there was a way for the customer to track the build... we just don't trust what they are telling us.

Tom

Anyway... congratulations Dobermin!!

#21 ·
#19 ·
Tom, in early March SPP from the RamForumz who has some kind of good access to the databases stated my van would ship on about March 16th..... it ended up actually coming three months after that.

This van is really cool.. I've been rotating my swivel seats to face rear and just stare at the emptiness and now have all kinds of second and third thought on my original floor plans.

I really want a bed hoist, however, I'm not sure about the only commercially available solution - the HappiJac.

I'm considering designing my own system, perhaps using nylon straps and a pulley system.

I already installed our MaxxAir MaxFan -- it seems to make a lot of noise when driving, I think its cover is bouncing around -- it's either that or the factoring wall paneling or who knows what but man does it make a lot of noise when the rear wheels hit any bumps.

#24 ·
... I've been rotating my swivel seats to face rear and just stare at the emptiness ....
DOBE,

Brings to mind the many hours I spent sitting on a stool (no swivel seats) in the back of my van, just thinking about the possibilities ahead! Enjoy! :D

#20 ·
Oh boy... I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

You did bring a smile to my face however... I can feel your excitement just reading this post!
I look forward to hearing about your build. I have a lot to learn!

My build won't be as complicated as most because it will be used for a mobile business, not camping.
However we literally spend all day inside of it... so we will be insulating it and covering the walls. Need to install some sort of Air conditioning and a Maxxair fan to help with condensation on wet and humid days.

Will need a generator to power the A/C and an inverter to run our equipment... basically an RV, except instead of beds, we need work benches and storage :).

Again... congrats Dobermin!!

#22 ·
Steve, Thanks for the info.

I joined the Ram Forum... got all excited... was ready to add my vin#
but unfortunately SPS is not offering this help anymore.

Reading the thread seems to indicate the requests got overwhelming... SPS hasn't posted anything in over a month.
Poor guy... I'm sure he couldn't keep up with the requests.

Oh well... must have been a great service while it lasted.

Back to waiting...

#23 ·
Steve, Thanks for the info.
I joined the Ram Forum... got all excited... was ready to add my vin#
but unfortunately SPS is not offering this help anymore.
Reading the thread seems to indicate the requests got overwhelming... SPS hasn't posted anything in over a month.
Poor guy... I'm sure he couldn't keep up with the requests.
Oh well... must have been a great service while it lasted.
Back to waiting...
Sorry to hear that, Tom. Updates started getting few and far between about the time I took delivery. I'll update my thread on this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.