User Tag List

post #171 of 178 Old 01-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Rookerlw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjferal View Post
It would be our local shysters getting on the gravy train: http://www.lfpress.com/2017/01/15/la...-fiat-chrysler
What's interesting here is that they are filing a class action law suit before they have any clients or indeed any evidence at all that any harm has been done to anyone. The EPA Notice of Violation doesn't say that the vehicles in question don't meet emissions standards, only that there is software that behaves in a way that the EPA doesn't like. The NOV even allows Chrysler to continue selling vehicles already built.

I could never be a lawyer. I'm not willing to do stuff like this.

Lex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 178 Old 01-16-2017, 07:35 PM
MJAB

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
And is not different in California ARB notice of violation
https://www.arb.ca.gov/newsrel/newsrelease.php?id=888
"...
The presence of an AECD is not necessarily a regulatory violation. An AECD is an element of design (for example, software, strategy, algorithm, hardware, etc.) which in some way alters the performance of the vehicle emissions control system. An AECD is sometimes allowed in situations where running the full emissions control system under extreme conditions could damage the engine.

It is, however, a violation of California and federal regulations for an automaker to include any AECD in a vehicle without notifying the agencies responsible for certification. None of the AECDs in this case were disclosed, and many do not operate during certification testing – only when the car is taken off the required testing procedures in the laboratory. To date none has been finally determined to be a “defeat device” as was the case with VW, but the investigation is still underway. ..."
post #173 of 178 Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Garage
I am wondering when and if our 4 banger diesel will get included. So far no word I can find. The worst indication that we are in for a "further review” as they say, is the report that no 2017 diesels will be available.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

post #174 of 178 Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Zoomyn

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I read the action as the exact lines of code in question, six or eight of them, had not been 'letter by letter, character by character' approved, nothing more than what was on record with the behemoth Gov't Agency did not match exactly with what was retrieved from a control module...

So the burden in on FCA to demonstrate that the instances were not significantly changed from what was approved or had been programmed out of order from previously accepted instances --- out of the bazillion lines of code,

An example I saw written up was a true fail-safe acceptable to the EPA that may have been added to avoid damaging the emissions system during certain engine start condition combinations.

2014 Diesel 2500 window wagon
Michelin 245x75x16 Defenders
11 June 2015 delivery

Last edited by Zoomyn; 01-16-2017 at 10:11 PM.
post #175 of 178 Old 02-05-2017, 12:46 PM
fjferal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
don't get too excited...

...but here's a bit more news. http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...sels/97079320/

Hopefully we see some progress soon. Al
post #176 of 178 Old 02-05-2017, 01:08 PM
KilWerBzz

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
By the time the lawyers get done with all of this, you may see a 2018 diesel. Could be this suit may change the board.
https://eelegal.org/press-release-2/

2014 Ram Promaster 2500 HR 159" Diesel
Bow down to RA and offer him Cadmium Telluride and he shall reward you.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/promas...lWerBzz/364918
post #177 of 178 Old 03-13-2017, 02:29 PM
PMF

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookerlw View Post
I just got a call from my dealer saying that they got word from FCA corporate that all 2017 model year diesel production has been cancelled. They are hoping that they can get the EPA/DOJ mess dealt with soon, but regardless they will wait until the 2018 model year before they schedule another diesel production run.

Looks like I'll have to order a gasser. What is so annoying is that I have several rather pricey diesel accessories like the Espar D2 furnace purchased specifically to take advantage of the diesel. The only option I see is that I could add an auxillary diesel tank to run them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having a single fuel vehicle.

Lex

When was the last diesel ProMaster produced?
post #178 of 178 Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Rookerlw

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMF View Post
When was the last diesel ProMaster produced?
They change the model year for Promasters in July so the last diesel to be built would have been a 2016 model year and around mid July at the latest.

I had an order for a 2017 diesel with an early 2017 model year build date of 7/28/16. Since it was a 2017 it was never built. In January I gave up and cancelled my diesel order and ordered a gasser, which by chance went down the production line today! With luck and a tailwind it should be at the dealer's in 2-3 weeks.

Lex
The Following User Says Thank You to Rookerlw For This Useful Post:
PMF (03-13-2017)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page