Adding 2nd Battery Under Front Seat - Page 8 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #71 of 78 Old 02-01-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
slamit06

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I have made continuous improvements on installing aux battery since this post a long time ago. The installs are way cleaner. I am now installing a 30AMP auto reset fuse from AUX to fuse panel then putting a 50AMP buss type manual disconnect fuse after this to the aux fuse panel. The auto reset fuse adds an additional layer of safety for running the aux power line in case of a short. The small panels I am using typically have a 100amp max...so this is more than sufficient for a small 10 position aux panel for low load use. As others have said you don't "need" to vent a AGM battery, I just did it because it was an added level of safety and super easy to do to run a simple air line from the box to the outside...just in case. Just like adding adding an auto reset fuse inline to the AUX panel. Not needed, but why not if it is easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamit06 For This Useful Post:
Charger7022 (02-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 78 Old 02-01-2017, 11:41 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Garage
Just remember hydrogen, the escaping gas, is much lighter than air si the vent should rise, or be a very small vent line down.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #73 of 78 Old 02-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Charger7022

I to installed a 30 amp auto reset between battery and panel. my box is also sealed and vented outside just in case!!! thanks again slamit06 this helped me a lot when installing my battery.

2016, 159" high top, Gas, converted to a camper for 4

post #74 of 78 Old 02-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Darral Simmons

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OP, I followed you original install to the letter other than using a Autozone Branded Sealed Battery.

The Battery Doctor just has a blinking red light and pressing the button on it does not switch it to a different mode.

Any ideas on what I did wrong?
Thanks!
post #75 of 78 Old 02-18-2017, 10:07 AM
tgblake

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral Simmons View Post
OP, I followed you original install to the letter other than using a Autozone Branded Sealed Battery.

The Battery Doctor just has a blinking red light and pressing the button on it does not switch it to a different mode.

Any ideas on what I did wrong?
Thanks!
Check connections between Battery Doctor and Auxiliary battery. IIRC the blinking red light happens when you have properly connected the Battery Doctor to your main battery. Then when you connect to auxiliary battery, light should turn solid red.

2014 Gas Promaster 3500 159 EXT
post #76 of 78 Old 02-19-2017, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
slamit06

(Thread Starter)
I have had one Batt Doctor go bad and was replaced no problem, but this is out of many I have used and after six months of use...however I would agree its very likely your connections are not right or you have a fuse issue? Follow the BD wiring diagram, make sure you fuse everything correctly; use the right wire and terminal connections and proper ground. You don't need to press the button if everything is correct; it's pretty straight forward. Where I see problems is incorrect wiring, terminal connections, fuses, improper wiring ...usually because corners where cut due to cost or convenience. Also always a sight chance your battery is bad...it helps to have a meter...if you don't have one invest in a good one for electrical work, it is a must to help trouble shoot quickly on all things electrical. Great YouTube videos on what to look for when purchasing one and how to use them. Buy a quality one; don't go cheap.
post #77 of 78 Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
slamit06

(Thread Starter)
Flashing red light ...check your aux battery condition also this could be an issue
post #78 of 78 Old 02-28-2017, 06:01 PM
KeepMeMoving

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I wanted to thank Slamit06 for leading the way on this. I installed my Full River DC150-12 under the drivers seat. I slid it in from the front and its a tight fit. More details are here.

2016 PM 136 Low Roof Gas Engine

oldmassrambler.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page