Ram Promaster Forum banner

Interior dimensions or floor plan

40K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  dttocs 
#1 ·
My googlefu has failed me. Where can I find the interior dimensions for the various PM models? I've found height and volume but no length and width.

#3 ·
One small thing that I discovered is that "load floor length" is from the step in the floor in the front (at the back of the seats) all the way to the back with the doors open. If you actually want to be able to shut the back doors, take about 4 inches off (the thickness of the back doors). Typical marketing ... advertise the most optimistic possible number.

Also, the 21" step in height is higher in reality, at least for the back doors. It's still lower than a conventional rear-drive van (reason for me buying) but it is likely only that low if the van is loaded to max weight rating to compress the suspension.

#8 ·
I never drove it since it was clear you'd have to leave the liftgate partially open and bungeed. I put the seat where I'd normally have it at 5' 7" tall and measured. It wouldn't work even the seat all the way forward. The rear of the frame still hangs over the base by a few inches.

#13 ·
Can someone who owns one tell me the width between the outside skins where the rear windo would be? I'm wondering if I could build a platform bed, with minimal insulation, that goes crosswise. I'm 72" tall, so I'd probably need at least 76 to be reasonably comfortable.

Thanks!

#14 ·
Might be old news.. did this to see if the Overland sprinters bed rails would work.
Hello Jesse here is what I found with my 2017 PM 159 high roof.
These are the bare steel walls.
At 40 inches the distance between panels 78 3/4-

The distance between the vertical ribs at that same height is 75 3/4

The distance between the horizontal steel pieces is 73 3/4-see below.
[

Attachments

#15 ·
Does anyone have the actual measured width off the floor? I've measured the width between the center ribs as 73.5" for a 2018 that I won't see for months yet but forgot to measure the floor width and don't have easy access to that vehicle. I've read people making their floor 72" wide but I can't imagine the floor being less wide than them.

#19 · (Edited)
That's awesome info. Thanks so much for that! I had assumed it to be the same as the centre rib width in my CAD file.
Which year and model is yours?

Also, do you know the depth of space behind the top rib measured from the front lip? I think it'll be my wiring tray but it'll compete with insulation for space.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
That's awesome info. Thanks so much for that! I had assumed it to be the same as the centre rib width in my CAD file.
Which year and model is yours?
2017 159 high roof

Also, do you know the depth of space behind the top rib measured from the front lip? I think it'll be my wiring tray but it'll compete with insulation for space.
I’ll need to measure when I’m next in the van, but it’s an odd shaped space. There is aready a wiring harness in the channel on at least one side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.