Ram Promaster Forum banner

Cargo area custom seat/sofa with seatbelts

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lukewelsh 
#1 ·
I purchased a used Dodge Promaster Van to build a conversion van. The previous owner had a professional install a custom sofa seat with two seatbelts that folds down into a bed (like a futon) in the cargo area. Previous owner used seat for approximately 8 months--he had it installed in Nov 2015 and I bought the van from him in Aug 2016. I have no use for the sofa seat and it's been taking up space in my spare bedroom since I bought it. I am selling it for half the price the previous owner paid.

Seat built and installed by: California Customs Van, Inc., 15040 Goldenwest Circle, Westminster, CA 92683 Phone: 714-896-8267.
Forward facing 2 passenger sofa 65" x 46" (seats 3 people but only 2 sides have seat belts) black color with integrated diamond stitch-$2,400
20" extension on seat back-$650.
Total cost: $3,050 (See photo of receipt).

The seat itself is in great condition. Only visible wear is on the back of the seat a small 4-inch tear on curtain that hides framing to the seat.
Also the plastic tip is broken on an inexpensive gas shock that provides support when the sofa is in the bed position. I am not fixing anything before selling--hence the half off price.

It's a really nice sofa/bed set up, perfect for anyone doing a conversion van or to just add seats to the cargo area. I would use it myself but I already had a different seat/bed layout from my last conversion van.

If interested, please contact Luke at 530-632-1284 (text preferred) or email lukewelsh@hotmail.com. Located in Yuba City, CA.

Also have indoor paneling for van on separate post--also half off sales price.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can never understand why people would put that kind of money into a bed/seat for a Promaster! It's a poor bed and seat. There are far better options for substantially less that are better designed, more comfortable and more practical. I don't blame you for not wanting to use it!

#3 ·
It looks like it might be fine as a seat. If I had 2 or three kids and wanted to carry them safely I’d think it was a good seat solution. As a bed? It just doesn't look like it would be very comfortable. Craig’s list is the place for something like that and tell ’em its a seat, but can be folded into a bed for occasional use. It seems like a good discount for anyone who would have considered the thing originally.

#4 ·
Yes I agree--there are better options to go. But if you have kids and/or require seatbelts in the cargo area, this is a pretty good choice. We don't have kids, so no need for the seatbelts. Also it makes a huge bed for tall guys--the previous owner was 6'something and said he slept very comfortably.

#7 ·
Sorry for stepping on your ad Lukewelsh. I didn't realize until after I posted, that it was in the classified section. I was also offering some general info about conversion van seats so I didn't send afox a PM directly.
Your seat is quite unique in that is it wider than anything you are likely to find used. With the 20" extension, that's probably the largest convertible seat/bed ever found in a van. Seat belts and brackets included are a big plus. Aftermarket seat belts are difficult to deal with if you don't have all the parts. There are several suppliers of latches/buckles so it's hard to find matching parts if you don't get the complete setup.

#8 ·
Thanks carnut, do you know if your tri-fold seat was manufactured by ERA seats? I am in fort collins, CO so shipping to me would be exorbinant. Sounds like none of these seats are really available anymore, thats too bad. I searched and cant find any info about the ford tri-fold. There are some great seat manufacturers in other parts of the world but getting a seat here is very expensive. I actually found a way to buy a tri-fold seat in the US, it was very difficult and very expensive. I paid for it and still have'nt received it so will wait till I recieve it to reveal the source and how I was able to order it and if its decent. I had to order it sight unseen. Im going to mount the tri fold to unwin rail so that I can use it in the forward postion for driving and rear position for camping- a popular layout in parts of the world where camper vans are common.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.