MsNomer's Webasto Install - Page 10 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #91 of 91 Old 04-24-2017, 12:31 PM
klunytoons

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
MsNomer, I can't find where people were asking about my remote sensor so I'll post a review here.

I think the questions was, did I notice any difference? It's really hard to tell. I didn't record any temps so it's all based on my feeling comfortable. I don't think it changed the performance enough to justify the $55.

The problem I was having was the heater keeping up when the outside temps dropped below 10 degrees. I thought it might have been a sensor issue. When I talked to the Webasto tech he was skeptical but said try it out and see what happens. I talked to some other ski bums in Telluride one weekend and he said his espar performed about the same as mine. It'd keep the inside temps in the high 60s until the outside temp dropped to 10 and under. My van is insulation with Thinsulate and he had regular house insulation.

It hasn't been in single digits since that trip but I think I'd rather have spent $50 on an exhaust silencer than this sensor. My estimates for single digits are that the inside temp in the van drops down to the 40s. I need a sleeping bag with the heater on full blast at those temps. Outside temps in the teens or twenties and I sleep with a quilt.

Just my two cents. Sorry there's no real data to back it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page