Has anyone successfully swapped double/single pass. seat? - Page 6 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #51 of 58 Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 PM
bicycleweed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha3Dy_j1s View Post
The ORS computer just wants to know that it's components (retractors, buckles, occ. sensors & side airbag) are connected and working normally.
Thanks for the great info Hardy!

I hadn't known there were sensors in the retractor. Wonder how hard it would be to remove the whole assembly and re-install for the dual seat in its new position. Or if that's even necessary.

If I'm using the stock Promaster retractor/male buckle with the JK seat, since they look to be compatible, it might be OK... I should really just pull a test seat out of our JK and find out for myself!

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 Old 06-07-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
ha3Dy_j1s

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
By "retractor" I'm mean the belt pretensioner on the lower part of the buckle assembly. (Not the retractor on the belt assembly which rolls the belt up when not in use). My bad, I should have used the correct term. The pretensioner has a squib (explosive) in it which, when the airbags are deployed, yanks the seatbelt an extra 3" tighter. This is a violent action. In fact, on the single seat I acquired, the pretensioner had been tripped in a wreck. The black ribbed neoprene cover below the buckle was "accordian-ed up", the whole thing clearly 3" shorter, and the terminal end of the cable the buckle is mounted to was actually thrust outward and protruded through the plastic cover on the side of the seat! So if, like me, you're harvesting the good middle passenger buckle/pretensioner to keep connected and tuck away under the single seat, safe and SECURE placement under that seat is an important consideration - if set off that thing will really jump I'd imagine. I'm using hose clamps to secure it to the back of the seat frame. If you're keeping your tire jack kit under the single seat there's really only one good place to mount the extra buckle/pretensioner - near the back left part of seat frame.

Again, use extreme caution when considering placement of the "extra" buckle/pretensioner under the (single) passenger seat! If set off in a collision it will want to jump violently!

As always, use information here at your own risk. Poster has senior moments and assumes no responsibility ... legal blah, legal blah.

2015 high-roof 1500 gasser, nicely optioned ... w/ leather wheel & one-too-many seats

Last edited by ha3Dy_j1s; 06-07-2016 at 08:30 PM.
post #53 of 58 Old 08-10-2016, 12:08 AM
bmeana

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I traded my dual seat for a single. Read this several times. Has anyone figured a way to fool the computer with resistors into believing the center yellow connector is hooked up to a pretensioner without having to scrounge one up? Do 2 wires connect the sensor and the other two fire the squib? Also the color code isn't at all right on mine. From the floor, the center yellow connector has orange with Lt blue and orange with black, plus plain black and a white with violet
2015 US 3500

Last edited by bmeana; 08-10-2016 at 12:16 AM.

post #54 of 58 Old 12-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Robert Roshto

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any body have a black and grey double seat they want to swap for a single seat? I just bought a new 2016 3500 and we need 3 seats. We have a partition so we don't care about rear access. Let me know cstechlv@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4382.jpg (108.5 KB, 17 views)
post #55 of 58 Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM
scuba6388

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Roshto View Post
Any body have a black and grey double seat they want to swap for a single seat? I just bought a new 2016 3500 and we need 3 seats. We have a partition so we don't care about rear access. Let me know cstechlv@yahoo.com
I'm interested in swapping. Located near Denver, CO. Where are you at?
post #56 of 58 Old 02-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Laura J. Anderson

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a black and grey double and looking for a single seat, located in New Jersey
post #57 of 58 Old 02-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Laura J. Anderson

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a black and grey double seat and am interested in a single seat, I am located in NJ. let me know if you are still looking
post #58 of 58 Old 04-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Bearfoot17

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you sell your single passenger seat yet?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page