Webasto Gasoline heater - Page 2 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 15 Old 01-13-2017, 10:17 PM
TedV865

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
The fuel access port to the tank is under the floor close to the driver's seat. I figure a shorter fuel line routing is better. I will need to figure out a way to run a fuel line all the way to the spare tire area where my generator will go. For my setup I figure add a T into that line and mount it like RD did under the raised floor of my dinette behind the driver's seat since I will have a similar living space up front. A lot probably depends on your floor plan and if you will have water tanks under the floor towards the back. The exhaust runs down the driver side so the exhaust from the heater can share that space well.

Is your builder Morehead? He did Steves build and I liked what I've seen of his work so far. If he has a good method to mount and route it all, no need to change it. Do what works.

Not a bad price on the heater. We will be dinged for sales tax, but then won't have to pay shipping. Win some, loose some. Most of the truck shops around Knoxville are decent to deal with.

Edit:: where will your sleeping area be? I tend to sleep better where it's cool. Bed in the back, heat up front to keep toes warm when in the living area makes sense to me.

2015 3500 gas. High roof extended, RV-ish package. They do exist!

Last edited by TedV865; 01-13-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 01-13-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
medicineman4040

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ted we're doing a euro-industrial build.
Example, our final floor is the Legends KKS.
Nothing fancy at all=easy to clean pop in finished walls.
More simplicity-no water system except the Boss shower in the back.

We're going for a 'gear hauler' layout. Platform bed in back, higher than normal.
Under the platform bed a shelf, high enough to allow the Boss shower.
Under that shelf two Slidemasters, dual direction.
On the slidemaster driver's side toward the 'den' the ARB frig/freezer, behind it an Artic cooler.
On the slidemaster passenger's side toward the 'den' a potty (for us), behind it a potty (for the Maine Coon).

Opening the back doors you would see on the slidemasters right and left Pelican cases (we're into photography),
above that the shower machine on the right, various oddities in the middle, and far left a sliding basket suspended
from the platform bed. The sliding basket (metal backet) slides into the 'den' where it has food prep items.

When in the den looking toward the back the sliders, the shelf-which from this side you'd see clothes totes/duffles.
Turn right 90 degrees and the only cabinet in the van. Floor to ceiling. Fold down table. I think there is 5 feet between
the bed and the drivers seat, so plenty of room for two people with laptops on the fold down table. Table also acts as food prep...we're like MsNomer-several thousand miles of backpacking and cooking to us is a small canister stove/boil water/let it sit 15min's then eat. Any 'real' cooking will be done outside. You know some people live to eat....not us.
Behind the fold down table=outlets for charging camera batteries, a little higher the microwave/TV-DVD/coffee pot (all DC, I'm just now discovering DC appliances Ha!). Above that maybe open shelves and cabinets running against the ceiling all the way to the back of the camper.
Under the folding table the electrical (charger-inverter/batteries/etc.)

Swivel seats up front.
A 'box' running side to side with hinged opening behind seats, box so your feet don't dangle when you swivel around. Maybe a pedestal table hole in the box.

Where's the sink? Haha! I think you get the idea of our build.
Now why the emphasis on the Pelicans, the slider, the laptops? I've linked to this here (I think) before, but for you Ted-
Mine- https://www.flickr.com/photos/medici...57639928047355
Poof's-https://www.flickr.com/photos/114407047@N06
So really we're making a mobile photo platform where we can crash before driving to the next shoot.
post #13 of 15 Old 01-14-2017, 11:03 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, great description for a photographer (mind picture)! You have more thought in this than most of us who ended up with about what we wanted. A note of caution. The van needs to take care of your living requirement with as little difficulty as possible, in wonderful weather with no bugs, vermin infested swamps, and frosty mountain camps. If your conversion can this do that you are good to go. Modifications will happen. Plan for them by having a way to run wires later. get access to the walls, floor and at least the ribs of the ceiling and walls. Attach stuff with threaded fasteners to allow that. You have a great plan.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

post #14 of 15 Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 AM
TedV865

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Love the sound of the description. Can't wait for pictures! Y'all will be taking pictures, right?

I can spend some hours looking through both of the portfolio links. Thank you for sharing!

2015 3500 gas. High roof extended, RV-ish package. They do exist!
post #15 of 15 Old 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
medicineman4040

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Haha! Yep we'll snap one or two

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page