Ram Promaster Forum banner

Rim bolt pattern

72K views 78 replies 40 participants last post by  Toni R 
#1 ·
Anyone know the rim bolt pattern on the pm? Just wondering if the aftermarket world is making wheels for these yet.

#15 · (Edited)
#22 ·
Hello,

We've been putting aftermarket American Racing ATX Series 181 Artillery wheels on our ProMaster Conversion Vans.

Those wheels are:
18" x 8"
5 x 130mm Bolt Pattern
+50mm Offset
6.470" Backspace

Good luck trying to find wheels for this van in the States....These seem to be the only wheels available for the ProMaster and they are back ordered and soon to be discontinued.

If anyone finds something, be sure to let us know!

#24 · (Edited)
>:D

Hello Stephen,

Here are some pictures of the American Racing ATX Series 181 Artillery wheels on one of our ProMaster Conversion Vans.

I work for Paul Sherry Conversion Vans. We are located in Piqua, Ohio. We offer both new RAM ProMaster conversion vans along with pre-owned vans from all makes. We also offer full financing and a delivery service.

For more information about our Sherry Van, I encourage you to visit our website: www.sherryvans.info :)

#25 ·
Rims from a Sprinter T1N (02-06) will fit. the center hole is a few MM larger on the Sprinter rims but the bolt pattern is the same. You do need to remove the centering stud on the Promaster to use the Sprinter rims on them tho (not very difficult). Promaster rims will NOT work on a Sprinter as the center hole is too small, obviously.

#29 · (Edited)
I've only tried them on the front to be honest but I'm talking OEM steel rims not the aluminum ones. I'll be puting mine on in about a month and let you know.

Btw, the MBZ G Wagon also uses the same bolt pattern on their rims. That doesn't mean they have the correct load rating tho.

Update: the Sprinter t1n rims (02-06) fit on the front and rear of my Promaster no problem. You have to remove the two centering pins from the hub (8mm, I think).

#30 ·
Has anyone investigated compatibility issues with TPMS sensors?

Assuming you find a wheel that physically fits (Porsche, Mercedes, etc.), can the RAM/Fiat TPMS sensors be used on that wheel, and/or will another OEM's sensors communicate with the RAM/Fiat electronics? (I assume all OEM's get their TPMS components from suppliers, but perhaps they specify them with unique operating frequencies and/or communication protocols.)

Just curious, since I don't know much about TPMS's.

#31 ·
Has anyone investigated compatibility issues with TPMS sensors?
There is no guarantee that TPMS sensors from another manufacturer will work with the PM. Why wouldn't you just use the ones that came with your OEM wheels and move them over to the new rims?

I've got a motorcycle that has a 19" wheel in the front and a 17" wheel on the back, and despite the different diameters it uses the same TPMS sensor in each wheel. I would suspect that an OEM 16" TPMS sensor would fit in an aftermarket 18" wheel, and you wouldn't have to get new sensors reprogrammed by your dealer.

Side note: this is a pet peeve of mine. We can build cars with all sorts of technology but none of the OEM's makes a system that can recognize more than one set of TPMS sensors, so if you want to change over to snow tires for the winter you have to live with a flashing light all season . How hard can it be to add 4 memory locations to an onboard computer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.