ShaunB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Ordered my slides today. Can't wait to get started. Anything you would have done differently Shaun?
Hey Woody,

Only thing might have been to make the drawer even longer. I had room to go up to about 77" for the drawer, I went 62". The reason to go longer is that I could have mounted the forward fork mounts further forward, giving more room to offset the bikes (when carrying four) to avoid handlebar/tire contact. However this is really just nitpicking. One change I'm making is to add two more fork mounts for the outboard positions. These will be mounted slightly more fore/aft and a little closer to centre, this will enable mtb handle bars to clear the side walls. The current setup works for road bikes, but for mtb, I can only fit 2 bikes as the handlebars of the outer mounts touch the side walls. I really do love the setup. I find that I don't even need to secure the rear wheel to the drawer as it doesn't really move much while driving. To secure the front wheel I use some velcro straps to simply tie the wheel to the bike frame. Here are the straps I use: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5034-7...s-%284-Pack%29

Good luck.
Shaun

2016 3500 Ext. Diesel, Black - My Daily Driver on it's way to becoming an adventure van. Follow my build on Instagram @shaunbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page