Opt Overland builds - Page 5 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 AM
PopeAng
Senior Member
 
PopeAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: northern Virginia; ND in Summer
Posts: 170
Thanks: 171
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I am trying out a 3" memory foam mattress topper as my "mattress". Tomorrow night will be the first time sleeping on it. Hopefully I don't feel my IKEA bed slats through it...we'll see. If it's not too comfortable I'll look for a few cheap yoga mats to put underneath.
PopeAng is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 48 Old 06-19-2017, 09:30 AM
emat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 24
Thanks: 16
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi Opt Overland. It was either this thread or another where you mentioned you had a simple solution for keeping the rear doors from opening so far they hit the side wall of the van. It would be fantastic if you've got any details you can share. Thanks.
emat is online now  
post #43 of 48 Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 AM
medicineman4040
Senior Member
 
medicineman4040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 559
Thanks: 171
Thanked 89 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Dai,
Went to the RoadShower site, liked the #2 model. Looks like it is being updated. Do you
deal with them often? Wonder how long until the 2 marketable?
medicineman4040 is online now  
 
post #44 of 48 Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
opt overland
Junior Member
 
opt overland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emat View Post
Hi Opt Overland. It was either this thread or another where you mentioned you had a simple solution for keeping the rear doors from opening so far they hit the side wall of the van. It would be fantastic if you've got any details you can share. Thanks.
Yup, when looking at the rear doors you'll see a couple black plastic bumpers, pop them out with a watch makers left handed flat blade screwdriver. If you don't have one of those any thin flat blade will work. Get some black nylon spacers from you LOCAL hardware store and epoxy/super glue the two together and do the same when re-inserting. Most cases not a ton of spacing is needed, at least not for the ladders we've seen. Hope this helps

Dai,

Instagram @optoverland
Dai,
opt overland is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to opt overland For This Useful Post:
emat (06-20-2017)
post #45 of 48 Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
opt overland
Junior Member
 
opt overland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman4040 View Post
Dai,
Went to the RoadShower site, liked the #2 model. Looks like it is being updated. Do you
deal with them often? Wonder how long until the 2 marketable?
Yup their having a few manufacturing setbacks, last ive heard it won't be till late fall or possibly winter until the have more stock and their new models in. I have a couple in stock same price as on their site.

Dai,

Instagram @optoverland
Dai,
opt overland is offline  
post #46 of 48 Old 06-20-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
opt overland
Junior Member
 
opt overland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeAng View Post
I am trying out a 3" memory foam mattress topper as my "mattress". Tomorrow night will be the first time sleeping on it. Hopefully I don't feel my IKEA bed slats through it...we'll see. If it's not too comfortable I'll look for a few cheap yoga mats to put underneath.

With slats your probably going too feel them thru the mattress, we typically use solid bed platforms and its works great.

Instagram @optoverland
Dai,
opt overland is offline  
post #47 of 48 Old 06-21-2017, 11:35 PM
medicineman4040
Senior Member
 
medicineman4040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 559
Thanks: 171
Thanked 89 Times in 70 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Dai, what sizes of the RoadShower do you have in stock?
I'm using Vantech 'towers' off the OEM built-in 'nubbins'.
I'd like to go from the back to the middle if that makes sense.
So probably the 4-5 gallon model.
Just looks like an easy-out of the way method to pack another water cache
up high where it won't matter; plus the 4-5 gallon model would not threaten
the Promaster roof weight wise---me thinking 5 gallons x 8 pounds=40 + weight
of RoadShower divided by two=30 pounds per nubbin.
Thoughts please.
Robert
medicineman4040 is online now  
post #48 of 48 Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
opt overland
Junior Member
 
opt overland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman4040 View Post
Dai, what sizes of the RoadShower do you have in stock?
I'm using Vantech 'towers' off the OEM built-in 'nubbins'.
I'd like to go from the back to the middle if that makes sense.
So probably the 4-5 gallon model.
Just looks like an easy-out of the way method to pack another water cache
up high where it won't matter; plus the 4-5 gallon model would not threaten
the Promaster roof weight wise---me thinking 5 gallons x 8 pounds=40 + weight
of RoadShower divided by two=30 pounds per nubbin.
Thoughts please.
Robert
That would work just fine, I have the road shower 2 model. I'd have to check but I know we have 2 or 3 still in stock. You can find the specs on their website.

Instagram @optoverland
Dai,
opt overland is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome