Another Perspective on Fans - Page 2 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 16 Old 06-13-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
MsNomer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What's an order of magnitude among friends? (For some reason, my emojis, my quick reply and attachment viewing stopped working on the iPad a few days ago.)

You get what you pay for, though. I found specs suggesting that Proeddie's fan is what-and-what with the MaxxAir. I opened one window and turned the MaxxAir on high. Light but steady breeze. Turn the Stanley on low and you don't want it blowing directly on you. It is commonly used for drying carpet, etc. That night, it was worth the few extra bucks for an electric site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 PM
proeddie

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
The Fantastic fan appears to be the guts of a 3 speed Fantastic roof vent mounted in a box fan case. It's pretty quiet on low... you definitely know it's there on high. In FL last summer, we kept it on medium at night. I had it out an used it in NH recently, but the topic never came up! Ready for a shootout!

When I first got it, I had a screen in the from passenger door window and used it to suck in air from outside.... but there was no outlet at the back of the van unless I cracked open the back door. I had planned on mounting it below my yet-to-be installed-and-not-sure-I'm-gonna sunroof, to work like a ceiling fan on exhaust.

Looking forward to trying it on the front on my kitchen cabinet (where I usually put it) with the MaxxAir on at the back of the van ceiling.

Working on the van, and my website about it! Please visit www.empowersites.com/edsvan

Last edited by proeddie; 06-13-2017 at 07:40 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-14-2017, 12:49 AM
afox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Has anyone put a "whole house fan" in their PM? I am going to do this: mount an exhaust fan in an inconspicuous place in the van, will run it on exhaust only to draw in fresh air from the open windows. Part of the reason I wanted to do this is so that I could use the full size roof panel cutout with an automotive sunroof, they are only $200ish, glass and tilt open, made by CR lawrence. Although more work and more money this seems like it will be much better and more effective than a fastastic fan/maxair.

post #14 of 16 Old 06-14-2017, 08:46 AM
proeddie

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afox View Post
... so that I could use the full size roof panel cutout with an automotive sunroof, they are only $200ish, glass and tilt open, made by CR lawrence.
If you get a chance, send me an email....email address is at website in my signature below.

Working on the van, and my website about it! Please visit www.empowersites.com/edsvan
post #15 of 16 Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 AM
Rambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gross View Post
Can you use the max fan with the lid closed to circulate air in the van?
Yes, I have done this. Low speed, direction set to blow into van interior.

But very effective for personal/spot cooling is this Coleman Tent Fan
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/21...-polymer-black
Runs for 2 nights on one D-cell. Magnetic attachment. Pliable plastic blade can be stopped by a finger (with no damage to the finger). Amazing output for its size/power.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Shaun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm in the middle of my van build and have chosen to install 4 mini fans to circulate the air inside my van... I purchased these on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They use 4 watts each and run on 12v. I mounted one in each top corner of the van, and they swivel and turn in every direction. I have the fans wired to rocker switches so I can control front fans and rear fans separately at the flip of a wall switch. Those combined with my Max fan create an awesome air flow and circulation in my van... keeps me cool in sunny FL.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page