PM 159" wb 2500 series---traction on ice and snow---- - Page 5 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #41 of 43 Old 01-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Nexus6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
Think of the Nokain "WR" series tires as All-seasons that just happen to have a snowflake symbol on them. They are great for what they are, but no match for any of their true winter models.
Ugh, that's what I was beginning to suspect. Anyone interested in a set of 4 barely used Nokian "all weather" tires ...? Time to try and fine something more winter oriented.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Charger7022

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I got these cooper m+s with studs and the van and tires have performed well above my expectations. I like to do a lot of hunting and ice fishing in northern PA and with our crazy winters some of the back roads I travel turn to a sheet of ice with the snow followed by rain than freeze again. This winter which is my first winter with my promaster has been the same and I have one spot I fish is down a no winter maintenance road and for about 2 weeks in mid December it was literally a sheet of ice. there is 2 inclines to get out and my promaster with the tires below got out with 0 wheel spin. and in those 2 weeks I saw 3 different trucks get pulled out of the ditch to the side of the road. the most snow I have driven in was only maybe 3-4" so far and again I had no issues.

The only thing that I think hurts if your trying to get restarted on a hill is the hill assist. I haven't had to start on a hill but it seems like there is a little bit of a delay on dry pavement from when you hit the gas to when the hill assist releases the rear brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooper m+s 2.JPG (141.0 KB, 7 views)

2016, 159" high top, Gas, converted to a camper for 4
post #43 of 43 Old 01-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Charger7022

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
the other thing I like about the coopers is they have much deeper lugs than any snow tire I looked at. they are harder rubber tho and I keep the tires at 55 PSI in the front.

2016, 159" high top, Gas, converted to a camper for 4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page