What did you drive before your getting your Promaster? - Page 4 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #31 of 34 Old 03-28-2017, 02:04 PM
dobermin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
2016 RAM 2500 Outdoorsman

2016 RAM 2500 Outdoorsman with some aftermarket mods ....

| 2017 Gas 3500 159" EXT | Daily Driver and will be converted for complete off the grid living use. |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-31-2017, 07:02 PM
vintagehiker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Maund View Post
Had a Ford E350. Great van, but was starting to wear out some expensive stuff. Looked at Transits, but the dealers didn't seem motivated to sell them. Looked at the PM hi tops and fell in love. Reminded me of my old VW Vanagon, but with a lot more power! Dealer was very happy to sell one for a good price. But I have always had an affinity for oddball vehicles. I'm the guy who got better service out of a Renault Sportwagon than I did a Buick. My daily driver bikes have been Guzzi's, Urals and a Royal Enfield for many years now.
That Renault Sportwagon was a great thing. Mine had about 250k miles when it gave up.
I loved my '98 Chevy Express High Top Jayco Conversion until about 3 years ago, but nothing lasts forever...

2014 136 low silver cargo gasser
post #33 of 34 Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Charger7022

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I drove a 2003 ram 2500 quad cab with 8' bed and when I took the family we have a 2005 aerolite cub 23' hybrid travel trailer. we still have the trailer and tow it with the van. I miss my truck and 4wheel drive tho I got nervous a few times this winter with the van but never got stuck "YET". my favorite part of the truck was those side boxes on the cap I could get so much stuff in those and with the ease of access they were awesome. I would never own a truck and not have a cap with the side boxes built in. under the bed I had a slide out tray with all my camping gear that also gave me really easy access to everything when it was slid out.

With that said I am enjoying the 20mpg+ on the highway with the van and being able to keep all my stuff in it at all times and just going for a weekend trip on a whim is just great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck1.jpg (359.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg truck2.jpg (301.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg truck3.jpg (103.3 KB, 5 views)

2016, 159" high top, Gas, converted to a camper for 4

post #34 of 34 Old 03-31-2017, 10:41 PM
Rich Maund

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagehiker View Post
That Renault Sportwagon was a great thing. Mine had about 250k miles when it gave up.
I loved my '98 Chevy Express High Top Jayco Conversion until about 3 years ago, but nothing lasts forever...
The Renault was basically a Fuego, but with a Volvo straight six up front! Had to disassemble the front end to change belts. Very fun family wagon to drive! My wife loved all the power gadgets.

The senior member formerly known as Sidecarnutz.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page