post #61 of 65 Old 11-16-2016, 09:20 AM
jostalli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
Looking forward to see what you finally come up with as far as lifting/lowering the van to level it. mine was a work van but now i'm just converting it. really like the light bar and rocker rails...got a price on those yet or not producing them? You wrapped the entire van? how's that been holding up? wouldn't mind changing mine from white.
Currently the only option to lift the front end is with a spacer from www.spaccer.com. They sell several sizes. If you don't want to go that route then bug the guys over at www.vancompass.com. I have been urging them to start developing parts for the Promaster but they need a donor for 2-3 weeks. I was going to drive mine up to them but we were behind schedule on our full time road trip south.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 03-08-2017, 11:30 PM
El Guapo

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
What comes with the kit from Germany? Have you compared the dimensions of the spacer with the spacers used on various Jeeps or other 4x4's? If you got lucky you might find a spacer off the shelf that has dimensions that would fit. I wonder how similar the coil and tower is to the Jeep JK. I have a 2.5" spacer leveling kit on my JK. I'll measure it tomorrow and see if it's close to the configuration of the Promaster.

http://www.quadratec.com/search/spacer?f[0]=sm_field_category_multi%3Ataxonomy_term%3A5981

http://www.4wheelparts.com/eSearch.a...tt=spacer+lift
post #63 of 65 Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 AM
jimmbomb

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Id like to raise my front about an inch. No more than an inch and a half. Is there a simple way to do that? Thanks

post #64 of 65 Old 03-16-2017, 11:52 PM
El Guapo

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
The Promaster front coil spring is quite a bit bigger diameter that the Jeep JK. Do you have a link showing the kit from Germany? I'm assuming it has other components like a bump stop spacer and some kind of a shock extension bracket.

Another option might be a spring swap. Same dimensions and spring rate but 2" longer in length.
post #65 of 65 Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
slamit06

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
Id like to raise my front about an inch. No more than an inch and a half. Is there a simple way to do that? Thanks
SPACCER from Europe...I ended up getting rid of my van before I got to making one. Its expensive for a spacer, but it works and fits. The biggest pain is taking out the struts of the PM, you have to take part of your dash apart to get to the top of them. When I get another PM project van I will tackle the custom front suspension I am sure. slamit.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page