Ram Promaster Forum banner

Howdy

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  haulin 
#1 ·
I own an electrical contracting company down in Texas and I'm going to be replacing our 3 aging Econolines before 2015 so just here to check things out, see what kind of information is out there.

Also checking out new vans from ford and chev, but im not a big chev fan.

Real loyal to ford the econs have served me well for so long, so it might be tough to talk me out of an oval.

we'll see, Ronny.

#2 ·
Over the last 10 years or so, Ford's work vehicles have stumbled VERY badly, especially the trucks.

The only thing the old econolines have going for them, is that they're designed for long life, not efficiency. And that was back when Ford was trying. I dunno if they got an attack of the accountant disease or what, but at least the trucks have been a long string of disasters.

The only good thing about the GM vans is that they exist. Daimler made Chrysler drop the full size van and substitute the overpriced Sprinter to try to move more of them, so that left just 2 vans in the market, just enough different from each other to not compete much.

That's probably why evolution has been rather slow in the big van markets. That, or our permanently recessed economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.