Any 2017 information? - Page 19 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #181 of 182 Old 06-06-2017, 08:25 AM
fjferal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Here's a re-formatted version:

This thread's been quiet for quite a while. Here's my latest news.

One year ago tomorrow I ordered a Promaster Diesel 136" LR. It started out as a 2016 and then morphed into a 2017. Magic!

I've let the order stand. Call me committed. Call me pig-headed. Call me an idiot. Just don't call me late for dinner. Whatever.

10 days ago I had a sit-down with the sales manager at the dealer I was using and learned a few things. He gave me a copy of an e-mail from FCA Canada from March/April saying there would be no eco-diesel PMs built this model year. No reason given. So I guess I'm going to see if a 2018 is possible.

The dealership seems to be willing to sweeten the pot (again) to atone for my aggravation. I plan to hang in until mid-August and then it's on to Plan B (whatever that might be). An understanding wife willing to share and an understanding friend willing to lend has made this manageable so far. My trade-in Suburban hasn't moved in 10 months.

Interestingly, the only 2018s you could order on May 25 were a Compass and the PM gasser.

Here's a link from a fleet dealer about availability: http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-chrysler.html I got it from ramforumz (thanks folks!)

And I thought buying a new vehicle would be easy. Little did I know. Cheers. Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 182 Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Chance

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjferal View Post

.....cut....

Interestingly, the only 2018s you could order on May 25 were a Compass and the PM gasser. Here's a link from a fleet dealer about availability: http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-chrysler.html I got it from ramforumz (thanks folks!)

.....cut......
Thanks for posting schedule. If they plan to start manufacturing of 2018's on July 24th, I'll assume we will know of any major revisions by then.

I'm looking at having to spend a ton on my old van to keep it another year or two if I don't find something very soon to replace it with; and it would still be old and worth less than I'd put into it. As it is, I've already spent over $2k in last year on repairs I didn't see coming. Now rust around roof rails are most pressing issue. On other hand I'm not sure I should put repair off a couple of months because it will just get a lot worse and harder to fix.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page